cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off virtual background

Puddingintame
Listener

I am unable to turn off virtual background on my account. I pay for this service and have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find an answer to a very simple issue - but given the multiple comments about the EXACT SAME issue it appears Zoom really doesn't care. Trying to call "customer service" is a joke. Please enter the 23 digit meeting number, please enter your host code, please enter the last cholesterol reading at your most recent physical.... and on and on and on.... 

And before some wise guy jumps on here to say "Select None"... that option doesn't exist when I open virtual backgrounds. I am trapped using virtual backgrounds whether I want them or not. 

Very frustrated and disgusted with the lack of support offered by Zoom for a paying customer. 

Puddingintame

2 REPLIES 2

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Some other options to review: 

• If your account is MANAGED by an organization account, your administrator may have virtual backgrounds locked (for example, some universities and government agencies do this). 
  • If your webcam is also used with other web cam or web conferencing tools (OBS Studio, eCamm, Logi Capture, Snap, etc.), Zoom may be using that tool's virtual background setup instead of its own; check your Video settings (the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video on your Zoom toolbar) to see if switching camera input helps:
     anissat_0-1676939041427.png

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

anissat

Also, if you're a Mac user, try this solution from @TomO :
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Blurrred-Background/td-p/102090 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat