cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to record locally

jacksonbaker
Listener

I've been using ZOOM (now most recent v 5.8.1 (1435)) for over a year and have never been able to record sessions to my local computer. All settings seem to be correct to allow local recording, the file recording path is correct, but there are no options anywhere to actually allow local recording. I've viewed several tutorials from various places which all show an option for local recording that has never been available on my local client. What's up with that? How can I record to my local computer?

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Have you ensured that Local recording is enabled in your web settings? This article can show you how to enable that for your meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Starting-a-local-recording

Yes, I have already done all that. I have already watched that and other videos describing the setup; however, the video does not describe my setup. It shows two options which should be available when the RECORD icon is pressed -- Record to This Computer and Record to the Cloud. I do not have those two options. When I click the icon, recording immediately begins -- to the cloud without any other available option. When I try to begin recording from the keyboard (Alt+R) I am presented with the prompt "Please ask the host to give you permission to record." I AM the host and site administrator. Who am I supposed to ask?

Bort

I'll reach out to get more info from you. 

I think I've figured it out. I have two accounts - one "basic" which DOES allow me to record locally, and a licensed acount which will NOT allow local recording.  A meeting ID for the licensed account is 826 3589 6580, and for the basic account is 740 6576 5755. I created the second account so that I could monitor sessions on a tablet without generating a terrible echo. I guess I need to get the licensed account set somehow so that I can do the local recording on that account.