cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Zoom Translated Captions - Chinese and English

EdXue
Listener

I just got the closed captions with automatic translation today, but the Chinese/English translation just produces gibberish. Has anyone had success with it?

6 REPLIES 6

Okutomo
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Translation-Captions-Settings-and-funtion/m-p/81999#M44530

Is this the same situation??

Please check the setting of "Speaking Language"

EdXue
Listener

I went over the setup instructions again. It seems I had set it up under the" general" settings folder rather than under the "meetings" settings folder. Anyway, after setting the app up again it seems to work better. I'll try again in a real meeting next week. Thank you very much for your response. 

EdXue
Listener

It still doesn't work at all. Just producing gibberish for me and all who are trying it in our meetings. 

EdXue
Listener

This is not a reply but an update. My closed captions has not been working. It has only worked on very rare occasions in an artificial testing situation, but in a real meeting it has never worked.

SGBPlanning
Listener

Hi. Any update on the quality of the Chinese translation? We would like to use it in a meeting but not if it is still gibberish. I see Zoom still lists Zoom as beta and wondering if it has improved since November. 

EdXue
Listener

I tried using it from November to December and each time it was a discouraging failure. The translation continued to be nonsensical and meaningless, distracting the reader rather than helping in any way. I finally stopped even trying to use it as it was discouraging and distracting to try to read it. I'm still paying for it but see not other course but to cancel my subscription.