cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimmed videos download

oleathers
Listener

Hi, 

Are the directions for downloading a trimmed video? The download features is only allowing me to download the original but I need the trimmed video for attendees. 

6 REPLIES 6

dgz
Listener

Have you considered uploading the video to a service, like vimeo or youtube?

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Downloading a recording from the Zoom cloud always gives you the original, not the edited version.  You would need to download the original, edit it in something other than Zoom (Camtasia, Premiere, YouTube, etc.) and then place that file in a spot where your attendees can access it.

Lots of steps unfortunately, but unless Zoom lets us download the edited version at some point, there's really no way around this.

tauw9347
Listener

This is exactly the similar case that I faced some days ago you can check thislink of that video where I am facing this trim problem kindly guide me about it.

Ride_my_snobrd
Listener

Looks like a download will have the trims now (2/1/24). You might need to wait a little for the trims to be incorporated before downloading.

kjhartma

Where did you hear about that?  Has Zoom announced this?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ride_my_snobrd @kjhartma I believe within the KB on Trimming cloud recordings, within the notes section:

• If you trim a recording and provide the share link to others with the option to download it. Viewers can view or download the trimmed version of the recording, not the full recording.

Also, as an alternative to recordings, you can save recording highlights as a new clip if you don't want to edit the existing recording; where you can trim the recording, download the files, and more.

I believe this is what you are referring to for downloading trimmed recordings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!