cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of Captions

kjensen143
Listener

Hi all,

I have an enterprise account with Zoom and am trying to figure out how to enable the translation of auto captions in a meeting. I've enabled all the items on my account, but the language option does not appear in the cc options in the meeting. 

Please advise. 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @kjensen143,

Please look at this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6643133682957-Enabling-and-configuring-translated-captions

I'm assuming you've done the settings configuration in the top section.  Please see the section entitled "How to configure language pairs" which needs to be done for each meeting in the meeting setup.

Ray_Harwood_0-1667435066312.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

kjensen143
Listener

Thanks @Ray_Harwood ! I'm looking to translate the auto captions vs. assigning someone to do it. I think I figured out that we need Enterprise Pro in order to have that option. 😞

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @kjensen143,

I just ran a test, setting up the Live Transcription, recording to the Cloud, downloading the VTT file with the transcription in it... THEN copying the text into Google Translate with English on the left and French on the right... and the result looks like a VTT file in French!

Ray_Harwood_0-1667485136245.png

That might be an option for you... depending on how long the files are and how much Google Translate will do before it stops.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !