cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring ownership of a recurring meeting

mndjr
Listener

Can someone please tell me how to transfer ownership of a recurring meeting?  We need someone else to take over the meeting going forward, but we don't want to change the ID and password, since it is widely distributed.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

To use schedule privilege, both users needs to be members of the same account, as well as both be licensed users. If the users are not on the same account, you will need to bring all the users together on the same account, as well as assign them both a license

Scheduling privilege isn't for just some meetings, it is for all meetings between the 2 users. Once that connection is established, you can edit any meeting and move it to the other user. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Bort

Hi @mndjr 

The best and easiest way to do this is by using Scheduling Privilege. Once this is established between 2 users, that recurring meeting can be edited, assigned to the other user, and saved. That will change the owner of that meeting and scheduling privilege can be dissolved afterwards. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort, it says "You and the assigned scheduler must be on a Paid plan within the same account".   I don't understand the terminology well enough to understand what that means.  How does one get on the same account.  I also don't understand how it's determined which meeting you're assigning scheduling privileges for.  Sorry to be dense but I've gone down some rabbit holes trying to figure out how to do this.  It seems to me this should be a fairly common situation with an easy solution.

Bort

To use schedule privilege, both users needs to be members of the same account, as well as both be licensed users. If the users are not on the same account, you will need to bring all the users together on the same account, as well as assign them both a license

Scheduling privilege isn't for just some meetings, it is for all meetings between the 2 users. Once that connection is established, you can edit any meeting and move it to the other user. 

To Bort and Mathi, thank you both for your attempts to educate me.  Most of what you're telling me is going right over my head.  I'm not very technologically savvy.  You've been very patient with me and I appreciate that very much.  I will trust that your replies are solutions to my problem, but I think we're just going to create a new meeting with a new ID and PW.  That's a much simpler solution for us at this point.  Thanks again for both your help.

Hi @Bort , 

I've followed all steps for changing the ownership - I think it worked, however, in my calendar the owner of the recurring meeting is still the previous person.  How do I change that?

Many thanks 

Bort

When you are saying the ownership of the meeting is still the previous owner, are you referring to the Zoom invite saying "X invited you to a meeting" or the ownership of the calendar event itself? 

• For the invite description, that will not automatically change when the ownership of the meeting owner is changed, so you would need to edit that directly. In any case, that invite has no effect on the meeting itself, as who is listed as the owner there isn't checked by the system. 
  • For the calendar event itself, that would depend on the calendar system you are using (Outlook vs Google Calendar). The steps to transfer ownership of a calendar event to a different user varies by each system. 

How would you do this with Outlook Calendar? I am trying to transfer ownership on the Zoom side but also have it updated on all the user's Calendars in Outlook. 

-Thanks 

@Bort 

Bort

Hi @Adougl9 

Unfortunately, I am not an expert on Outlook and cannot find any info online about how to transfer an Outlook calendar event. Not sure if there is a way to actually accomplish this in Outlook. 

Our problem is, we only have one license. When the use who created the recurring meeting has been assigned that license the meeting gets the field in which to enter the ID of the other user, but the value can't be saved because that user is Basic rather than Licensed. Yet if we try it the other way (give the second user the license before attempting the procedure for transferring ownership of the recurring meeting) the meeting belonging to the first user no longer shows the scheduling privilege field.

@bort what do you suggest we do?

Mathi
Attendee

@mndjr ,

Transfer option will show only while deleting your account to transfer meetings and webinars. In place of a transfer webinar, you can assign someone as an alternative host. Alternative host have full permission to run your webinar.

CTNA
Listener

I've been trying to transfer a recurring meetings from one licensed user to another licensed user in the same account. When I go to Edit the meeting, and select either This Occurrence or All Occurrences, I do not see the "Schedule for" option that's described in the help documents. I have to assume that this only works for meetings that don't have any occurrences in the past? 

EDIT: The schedule privileges were backwards. I had granted them one way and that wasn't working. When I granted them the other way it worked. I understand it now... it was confusing as I expected to be able to go into the meeting with the admin account and reassign the host. I see now that I had to be in the current host's account and that user has to edit the meeting and schedule for the other user. 

Thanks so much for your comment. I was doing the same thing, trying to use the Schedule for as an administrator. If you hadn't shared this, I'd still be struggling!