cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ID and password to new owner

Link
Listener

My account is up in 1 week.  I use it for 12 step meetings.  The 12 step group is going to buy a 1 year subscription to zoom, but also wants to use my current ID link and password.  We either want to transfer the account to the 12 step group with the same id and pass and the group will then pay for the next year.

Or we want to change the name of my current account which is up in 1 week, to the 12 step group, keep the id and pass, and also pay for the next year.  How should we do this?

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Link 

I believe the way to do this would be to create a new user on your account for the new owner.  Maybe some other people here will confirm my methodology:

Add/Create a new user in your account.

Make the new user the account Owner. 

Update the payment details, and add a new license for the new user. 

Transfer ownership of the Meetings and any other content to the new user.

Make sure the new user can see/edit everything that is needed.

Cancel any auto-renewal on your original license. 

Then have the new user/owner delete your user from the account.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005686983-Changing-the-account-owner

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005866183-Transfer-Meetings-Webinars-and-Cloud-Recordin...

Rupert

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Rupert is correct, but there might be a slightly easier way. 

Have the 12-step group create an account and subscribe to Pro. Once that is done, they can invite your user profile into their account, so that the meeting can be transferred. Depending on their account and your preference, there are 2 ways to easily transfer that meeting between you and the owner: 

• Use schedule privilege to edit that meeting,  change who the meeting belongs to, and save. This requires at least 2 licenses to accomplish. 
  • Delete your profile and transfer all existing meetings to the new owner or other user on the new account. This would not be ideal if there are other meetings you wish to keep for personal use, but you can easily create a new personal account with that same email address after this is complete. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Just to be sure, this process will allow us to KEEP the same meeting ID? That's the primary objective. 

Bort

Yes, meeting IDs will remain the same for either method I described above.

Hi, If I follow these steps, will it automatically transfer all my current reoccurring meeting IDs into once I accept the invite? I only want to transfer one meeting ID from one Zoom Pro Account to another Zoom Pro Account. I have 12 Zoom accounts and want to transfer the Zoom Meeting ID from one Zoom Account to another. Do you have any incite on if this is even possible without losing or transferring all of the meetings that I have?  Really appreciate your help! Thanks

mk123
Listener

Did this work for you?