cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcription

partoond
Listener

When the audio transcription is live it displays with attendees names,  but when you save the audio transcription and the view it displays as just a load of text that makes no sense , is there an option to view the saved audio transcript with names ? reason is I am looking for a feature that someone can use to produce minutes of a meeting 

8 REPLIES 8

timstringer
Attendee

I don't think it's currently possible to include speaker names in saved transcripts using Zoom's build-in automatic transcript feature. I agree that it would be very useful.

You might want to check out Otter.ai. They offer quite a generous free plan (Basic) and you can upgrade to paid tiers if you want more transcription time and additional features. My understanding is that it's Otter's technology that powers Zoom's built-in automatic transcript feature.

Thanks so much for the mention of Otter.ai which I will look into 

RonniG
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @partoond,

The audio transcription should be showing and separating each person speaking by displaying their avatar/photo and name in advance of their dialogue. 

The video included in this help article can give you a visual of what to expect. 

We hope this information is helpful! 

@RonniG — Speaker names can be shown during the live call, but Zoom's built-in automatic transcription feature doesn't appear to offer an option to include speaker names in the saved transcript. Hopefully, this is something we'll see in the future.

RonniG
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@timstringer and @partoond Please see the attached screenshot where each speaker is separated along with their dialogue.

Are you not seeing this?

Thank you.

@Ronny – To clarify, I see the names of speakers during the Zoom meeting, but speaker names aren't getting saved when I click "Save Transcript".

robertster
Listener

Is there an update on this feature?

Daniel-Pirciu
Listener

@partoond, @robertster,   adding to @timstringer's  recommendation, I would highly recommend checking out Meetgeek as well. It offers 5 hours/month free and has a great support team.