cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcription

rodfee
Listener

I am paying for Zoom licence  and can record meetings.

But I would like to have a transcription of the calls. I don't want to buy a 10 user license as there are only three of us in the enterprise.

I understand that is the licence that is needed for transcription - is that correct and if so, does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

Rod

4 REPLIES 4

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Please go through this article to enable Audio Transcription:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings

from the Article, here are the pre-requisite license types:

sachinzoom_0-1678755794481.png

As long as you have these licenses, you can enable the feature.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

This link states the same information as the problem stated in the original post. I have the same issue. I am one person, and I only need transcription for 1-2 months for a research project. It says you need a Business, Education, or Enterprise account to enable the transcription services. It says the Business account starts at $19.99/month, so okay cool I'll pay that. But when I click on it, it requires 10 licenses, as mentioned by the original poster, which brings the price up to $199/month, not cool. I do not want to pay for licenses that I do not need. What are the other options?

EmilieK
Listener

Same problem. I need transcription services just for me. I do not want to pay for 10 licenses, 9 of which I will not use. It is really frustrating that Zoom states the Business account is $199/year/user= $19.99/mo, and then you go to buy and it then reveals the 10 license minimum. False/sneaky advertising on Zoom's part, and this is very disappointing.

YaBoiB

Hello @EmilieK ,

If you go into your billing tab and look at the add-ons, you should see an add-on that you can purchase for a single account called Zoom Translated Captions. You should not need a business license to purchase this for your personal account. Please check into that and let us know if that is going to work for you. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?