cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking meeting attendees

palofaso
Listener

We are using zoom as part of a conference, to manage some sessions.  We can track all the people who registered and need to know who also then attends.  In the past this required registrants to be logged into zoom when they register.  And in some cases, a few people need to create a zoom account before they can register.  This is creating customer service complaints, and we may be losing registrants.  If we turn this off then everyone can register easily, but we don't get a report on who logged into each session on the day of the conference.  

Is there some way to keep this setting toggled off and still track who shows up to each conference session?

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @palofaso

What information do you need to track attendees? You can make email a requirement to register for the event and then you would have that information for every attendee for every session in your registration reports. 

You make email a required field by editing your registration field and changing it in the settings. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you Brandon.  Yes, this helps me track who registered, but not who actually showed up on the day of the event.  When I require what I described earlier I get both, as well as how long each person who attended was logged in.  Trying to find some kind of work around to track who, of those who registered, actually showed up.  I hope that makes sense.

YaBoiB

@palofaso

To my knowledge authentication is the only way to track attendance. If someone joins from a phone number for instance, how can we know who they are unless we require them to log in to their Zoom account. You can track registration without authentication, but I do not think you can track attendance without authentication. That data is not available to us participant participates in that manner. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

EEC_Team_5
Listener

I have this same question.  I tested a meeting, and logged in as the host on my computer; meanwhile, I registered using my personal email address, and joined the meeting from the link that was sent to my email.  When I ran the report afterwards, it showed there were two attendees, but did not provide either the name or the email address of the people who attended.  One should have been the host, and one should have been my name/email address, but neither was shown, even after I exported.

YaBoiB

Hello @EEC_Team_5

In your test did you require authentication in the form of signing into Zoom?

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.23.25 PM.png

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion