cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too low resolution in recorded videos

XeniaM
Listener

Hi all,

I've been having the same recording problem with meeting and webinar recordings for some time now: some - not all - have too low a resolution. The video is then blurred in the recording (I record on my own computer).

As always, I use a strong photo lamp and a screen lamp, and I also have a lot of daylight. I haven't found a way to change the resolution.  I am using Zoom recordings several times a week since 2019 and the problem only arose last year.

Can anyone help me? Would be so great!

8 REPLIES 8

willjoe2442
Participant

When you start a meeting, click on the small arrow next to your camera icon and go to VIDEO SETTINGS. Under MY VIDEO: Make sure that ENABLE HD is checked. You should now be able to record a meeting in HD (1280x720). To get the highest possible quality recording choose: Record on this Computer.

Regards,

Will

Thank you very much for your answer, Will! I have always had HD enabled. And I record on my own computer.
The reesolutation problem ONLY occurs, when I use Zoom Meeting/ Webinar with only my own host window. As soon as I talk to another panelist or host a meeting with others, the resolution of the recorded video of the group or team is always great. very strange! When I do not find a solutation for that, I need another webinar and video program (and can only use zoom for meetings with others). 

I'm having the same issue.  Use Logitech 1080HD webcam, and have tried everything. Someone said to record to the cloud and that would resolve the issue.  It doesn't!  

tereza2
Listener

Hello, 

I am dealing with the same problem. I am recording the meetings on iPhone 15 or Macbook Air, having extra lights, strong internet connection, saving on device, HD enabled. Everytime the video is nice quality in live meeting, but very poor in recording. Have you found a solution for this please? Thank you. Tereza

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

How many participants are in the meeting?

Resolution of Zoom recorded video

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066421 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hello, 

usually there is me + 1 or me + 6-10 participants. Is there something I could set up better? Would you reccommend cloud or local saving then?

Thank you!

T.

pabloalvarez
Listener

This is a nightmare. I am local recording with 2 participants, camera HD enabled and participant view in full screen. Although, it records in 360p!! not in 720p, not in 1080p! Help, please!

CDe-Meo39
Observer

I have exactly the same issue, tried everything. Some one should solve it, please!