cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Times show up differently on different meeting information windows

LinneaM2
Listener

I live in Colorado.  I'm setting up a meeting for my dad when I visit him in November in California (different time zones).  When I look at the Meeting list (Attachment 1) it shows the meeting time as 1:30-2:00 pm.  When I go to Edit the meeting (Attachment 2), it shows the meeting as 12:30-1:00 p.m. which is the correct time I set it up for in California. 

I just want to make sure that my computer is making the adjustment in Attachment 1 for the current time zone difference and when I travel to California, the meeting time shown on that list will change to be correct for the Pacific Time Zone.

Also, the date of the meeting is the first day of "falling back" from Daylight Saving time.  Will that have any effect on the link which is set to start at 12:30 p.m. now (during Daylight Saving time) but will be activated during Standard time?

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @LinneaM2 

Can you check your Profile page to see what Time Zone your profile is set for? 

If its set for Mountain time, then its likely that you just scheduled that meeting in Pacific time, but it will display that time adjusted for your Profile's time zone elsewhere. 

In any case, it doesn't really matter what time the session is scheduled for, as Zoom will allow that meeting to start at any time you need. 

Will zoom make the adjustment back from Daylight Time to Standard Time.? I'm setting up meetings for November and the times just shows up as "Eastern Time" GMT-4, which will be wrong after November 7. I'm not going to select GMT-5 instead, since that will switch to GMT-6 on Nov 7.

Bort - I have a similar experience. I am in Los Angeles (Pacific Time) and yet when I receive Zoom invitations they list two different times - Pacific Time (gray banded area at top) and Central Time (small font on bottom). To see an example, look at meeting #87698344834. My setting is correctly set for Pacific Time. 

Why does the incorrect time also appear, and how can I correct it?

Thanks.

CMedley
Listener

It's 2024 and I have a user with this same issue. Anyone have an actual resolution?