cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer in Gallery View

jmac65
Listener

Looking for ideas; I need to display a count down timer in gallery mode (webinar) so the people asking questions can see the panel AND see the timer; we don't want to have timer take whole screen so person just sees countdown. Any ideas? OBS was too tech heavy for my team though it seemed to offer a pretty good solution. 

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @jmac65 

I believe there are some Timer Apps in the Zoom App Marketplace.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/search?q=timer

jmac65
Listener

Thank you Rupert. I have looked at these and the zoom timer, with a little messing around works ok. The Blue Sky would be excellent if it were not for the data scavenging. I really hoped for a "dumb" timer that I could overlay or somehow add to the gallery view so , in webinar, attendees (allowed to talk) could still see the panelists while also seeing a countdown timer to aid them with their comment time. 

And thank you for taking time to respond!

Rupert

I understand.

Would the timer need to be remotely controlled for anyone, or is it just something the Host would control, in your use-case?

jmac65
Listener

Thank you. Host or co-host controlled only. I need a 2min countdown timer that can readily be reset.

Fix_It
Listener

jmac65.  Did you get a solution for the timer issue?  I also want to have the timer showing in gallery view.

tammyjudd
Listener

I am also wanting to display the timer within the zoom gallery view so participants can see the countdown timer but still see the rest of the folks. It seems the only way for participants to see the timer is for host to  screen share the timer window. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if there's another option? 

Nunesdea
Listener

Joining this thread with the same need, it would be great to have a timer on display all the time. I have tried the timer app but couldn't figure out if all participants are able to see it when I use it. 

I have found this video with some answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LdMoayqpw

David_B_Seattle
Listener

Me too! I need a timer visible to everyone in the meeting all the time. Would be great if the timer retained the last setting so I could just click "Reset" and "Start," rather than typing in the same value over and over. Thanks!

DMGL
Listener

I am just joining this thread with similar needs as above. I also need to have it be visible when users are using tablets, iPads, iPhones, Androids, etc. I really like the app but had many issues with using it in a meeting today as there were multiple platforms that people were using.