cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time and Date of Scheduled Meeting not showing up on invite

NashvilleNewman
Listener

I’ve scheduled a meeting and sent the user the meeting room link. Why when they open on their phone (via the app) is the time and date of the meeting not showing up?

55 REPLIES 55

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @NashvilleNewman 

The meeting link alone does not expose a date and time for the meeting - unless the meeting requires registration and you are sending them a registration link.

To send an invitation with the date and time you need to include the full text of the invitation - or use Outlook or Google Calendar, or something similar. 

this seems like something that zoom should simplify 

This started happening again when but now with Outlook.

It used to show the date and time no problem in the last version.  The updated version has changed this and it is not helpful

Yes, this started happening to me yesterday on July 13th, just after I downloaded a software update.  Not helpful at all.

Nancy O.

oreillya
Listener

Hi, my question is the same, I send the Zoom invite via my Outlook calendar, the full text of the Zoom invite does not include the time/date of the meeting.  It makes sense surely that a meeting invite text would mention date/time? Is the only solution for me to manually write in the date/time on every email invite?  Seems that this should be automated.

Rupert

Hi @oreillya 

If you are sending the invitation using your Outlook calendar, there is actually no need include any text about date and time in body of the message (in fact you can remove that part of the text). Outlook handles all the time/date/zone presentation to the end user, in their own time zone. From that sense, it is fully automated. 

I completely agree 

oreillya
Listener

Thanks Rupert, yes that makes some sense.  However clients open the invite where they first receive it - in their inbox and not in their calendar.  

Rupert

Hi @oreillya 

If the recipient is opening the invite even from their Outlook Inbox, Outlook will show the time (and converted time) in a banner above the email, without needing to go to the Calendar at all.

there are so many other email servers ... not only Outlook.  zoom invitations should have the date and time in the email invitation ... and not leave it to another software program like Outlook - which may not be installed on the recipients computer - to indicate the date and time..  

I completely agree again...   that the date and time of the zoom meeting is not displayed in the invitation is just weird 

w1ll1ams
Attendee

its a valid question ... it seems completely intuitive that if one invites someone to a meeting, the date and time should be specified in the invitation.. 

I would further - a meeting invitation WITHOUT a date & time is NOT actually a Meeting invitation...But Spam/malware.

cso
Listener

This is one of the stupidities of ZOOM. I get invites all the time. Here is an example

"there is a zoom meeting on"  Accept or reject!!!

So when is the zoom meeting? We dont know do we. How do we find out? we have to Accept the invitation. Then we realized "OH Dear - we have another meeting at that time. So now, instead of a 10 second reponse "No I cant come" I have to now  find the pesons email, wriote to them, apologise that I accepted but now I cant go,..... 5 minutes wasted.

so who ever came up with the idea that people should accept invitations to events they have no idea when they are should be simply removed from office....particulartly if it was a smart alec vice president of something...its always smart alec VPs that come up with stupid ideas it seem....

Exactly . And Rupert goes silent. This is exactly why Zoom stock has tanked since the pandemic. They can't seem to see the obvious and understand common sense. Do they even use their own product? For example, how about providing a way for us to see what we look like on our own camera during a meeting  instead of just a thumbnail??

NOT EVERYONE USES OUTLOOK. NOT EVERYONE EVEN MAINTAINS A CALENDAR. THINK OUTSIDE YOUR OWN HEAD!

There are other email clients. Thunderbird for example. It asks if I want to accept the invite or decline when I get an invitation. HOW DO I KNOW I CAN'T EVEN SEE WHEN THE MEETING IS AND I DON'T WANT? NEED AN ON LINE CALENDAR. Most normal people don't.

YOU CAN'T SIMPLY ADD THE TIME AND DATE TO AN INVITE? INSTEAD YOU TELL US THAT WE SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS? Will you address this issue or just tell us that we don't have a problem?  Maddening.

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@RFI and @cso 

Perhaps this is a difference in using the Zoom Desktop Client vs the Web app but when I schedule a meeting using the Zoom Desktop Client, I have the option to select "Other Calendar" as an option.  Once that has been selected, I get a pop-up that allows me to copy the data to the clipboard so that I can send that information via email.  It also gives me the option to save an ICS file which I can then import into the calendaring tool of my choice.  Below is a snippet of that window.  Also below is a snippet of the info that it contains which does include the date and time along with the link to join the meeting.  I've obviously blanked out parts for security reasons.  

Please help me to understand if you are using the web client for scheduling or the full Zoom Desktop Client or perhaps the Zoom Mobile Client.  This information will be helpful in determining where the gap may be with the Zoom invitation.

townsendwc_0-1644439473252.png

townsendwc_1-1644439528418.png

--Bill

townsendwc

@RFI @cso @C6Systems @NashvilleNewman 

I also went back and tested via the web interface to schedule the meeting.  In the web portal, there is a link to copy the meeting invitation.  In both of the methods that you can schedule meetings, the details for the start time and date are included.  At this point, I'm at a loss for how meeting invitations being scheduled with Zoom are not including the date/time for the meeting.  Can you replicate the process you are using to create meetings?

townsendwc_0-1644451153042.pngtownsendwc_1-1644451234418.png

Awesome thank you for this workaround it solved my issue of not being able to copy an invitation to a zoom meeting with the time/date intact!

So I am in interviews and have had two instances where time zone was incorrect or interpreted incorrectly and I couldn’t see it in the invitation.  I am using the mail.com application for my job search to keep that information separate from Outlook and Gmail.  This has been a great stressor and very frustrating. I would really appreciate it if the invitation would just show the date and time expected and the time zone!!

cso
Listener

This may be one of those cases where a company (ZOOM) has a lackey (Rupert?) who either has no influence on the company, or does not appreciate what the user is saying......I can't afford to ignore Zoom invites even when there is no information in them as to the meeting time or date, so I am constantly making folks aware of ZOOMs stupidities so that when I come back after accepting an invite to tell them sorry, they understand it's ZOOM not me .....Just fix it ZOOM and recognize it is actually a problem for many users...

Of course we can't blame Rupert, but one would think that if whoever is responsible for marketing this junky yet popular product, whoever answers to the board of directors, would at least monitor user feedback here. Hey our stock tanked 60 % since people started using our product during the pandemic, how can that be?  Well look no further than this very forum post. Could it be because people started using it and realizing what a POS it is and how it is not evolving or improving?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi members, 

Here at the Zoom Community, we ask that all members treat each other with respect and are polite towards one another. I thank you for your feedback and suggestions to improve our Zoom platform! I can assure you that our Community team provides insights from this forum to our product teams, however specific feature requests are managed through zoom.us/feed. I encourage you to submit your idea there, where the information will reach the relevant product team for review.

Once again, please be kind and considerate to other Zoom users and members of this community who are trying to help and assist as best they can.

Thank you all for your continued contributions. Let’s continue to foster a healthy and active community. 

Carla 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

C6Systems
Listener

Carla,

I would offer frustration is a form of communication. I work on software for medical devices - and Doctors/Nurse can get very 'animated' when depreciating software features. 

Those that cause such frustration - usually go to the top of the fix list.

As a company  Zoom needs to understand and prioritize fixes and features - you can't do that if all feedback is put thru the 'Pleasant' Filter.

Additionally, When people express emotion it means they are engaged with your product...Which is what you want. The one's who don't care are all - you've lost as a customer.

Warm Regards

Jack

Spot on Jack and my apologies Carla if Rupert is another member, I had assumed that he worked for Zoom, and therefore the directed frustration would be appropriate. As users we have wasted enough time and cost already because of poor or lacking features. By the time we end up in here we expect someone at Zoom to be paying attention and to propagate the problems so that we don't end up so annoyed that we lash out. Instead the response from Zoom is to "play nice"? We haven't come here to make friends, we have come here to provide feedback, please propagate this to the appropriate channels rather than ask us to!! We are here because we have already lost time. This is not at all an acceptable or helpful response if you represent Zoom, but I'm glad it finally got some attention. you are being paid, we are not. Please do your job and help your company and follow this issue through to where it should go. Thank you.

My sincere apology to Rupert if he was only trying to help. I am brand new here and don't know who is who. I am sorry that I had to end up in a forum because Zoom cannot seem to improve their product by common sense. I am also a stockholder that has lost 67 percent of his investment so I am EXTRA annoyed!

C6Systems
Listener

For Review here is an Apple OS iCloud Calendar Meeting invite recevied on Windows 10 using Thunderbird Mail Client - so this is a worse case scenairo - opposing OS's and a 3rd party open source Mail Client.

But somehow this is displayed clearly and correctly - So it can be done. See the screenshot attached.

C6Systems_0-1644513893536.png

frostedfox11
Listener

I think it may have to do with how the meeting creator schedules/creates the meeting itself; however, here is an example for reference where someone forwarded me a zoom meeting email with no date and time.  I had to reach out to the meeting creator to get the Outlook meeting invite containing the date and time sent to me

townsendwc

@frostedfox11 

Question - did that forwarded email have an ICS file as an attachment?  If so, did that ICS file when opened have all of the necessary details for date/time?  If yes, then this would be more of an issue with who forwarded the invite perhaps?  If it did not have a date/time, then I would think it may be an issue of how that meeting was created in the beginning.  

Raster
Listener

I've just been dealing with this same issue.  I have no interest in putting an invitation on a calendar.  When using the client, date, time, and time zone do NOT show up when you copy the invitation so you can send via email.  When I created it using the browser interface that information does show up so you can copy and paste it into an email message.  Not sure why the client created invitation would not show that information as well. Pretty important.    I probably should mention that I am using Zoom on Linux Mint.  The client interface may not operate the same as on Windows.  But I'm pretty sure the client USED TO show that information.   Seems like something may have changed in newer version of Zoom.

Additional info - Under Meeting ID you have 2 options

1.  Generate Automatically  -  date & time do not show up on invite

2. Personal Meeting ID  - date & time do show up on invite.

townsendwc

@Raster 

For my edification, what version of Zoom do you use?  What is your email/calendaring backend platform?  What interface are you using for accessing said backend platform?  I saw that you are on a Linux OS, but on all MacOS and Windows platforms that I have tested with either web/API integration or Outlook client integration to a Google backend, I have date/time properly displayed on all meeting invitations.  The desktop OS should be irrelevant if you have the other areas properly configured.

Under your profile settings, do you have this enabled?

townsendwc_0-1666305280098.png

Also, did you complete the steps for calendar integration?  Today, those options are limited to the following.

townsendwc_1-1666305353589.png

Lastly, if you are using a Chromium browser, there is a plug-in you can load.

townsendwc_2-1666305442058.png

Linux Mint 21.  Zoom version 5.12.2 (4816).   Primary web browser Firefox.  I have several email/calendars, but I have no interest in Zoom adding entries to any of them.  The calendars are not available to other people.  I have not integrated any calendars.  I copy the meeting information to the clip board, and then email the clip board information to the people I want in the meeting. 

townsendwc

@Raster 

I guess the best I can offer to you is when you create a new meeting via the web interface, you can download an ICS file and then use that to import into your various calendars.  This will ensure you get the data properly into the calendar items.

townsendwc_0-1666621652643.png

Here is a slightly marked up invitation to an important (to obscure personal info) that I got this weekend.  PLEASE tell me when this meeting starts-it does no show up on my Outlook calendar.

RDblevin_0-1667785016349.png

townsendwc

@RDblevin 

Typically when I see an invitation like what you have above, it's an ad-hoc meeting that is scheduled to start immediately.  Otherwise, when the meeting is forwarded to you it should have the necessary details. 

townsendwc_0-1667834786633.png

Hello, there. I'm using the Schedule function in the MacOS app, and it stopped adding the Topic/Time information. Any idea why?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 6.20.22 PM.png

I have the same problem.  It was showing up in Ical where I could copy and paste it into email invites.  Now it is not showing up.  Why did it stop working?

I contacted their support, and they told me it was an issue from iCalendar...... Support team seems to be clueless about this because I also used the Google Calendar option when saving the meeting, and it didn't add the topic/time info either.

Oh my God it's a simple problem that shouldn't require workarounds, gymnastics, calendars, ICS files, importing, exporting etc etc. In the time this thread has developed, someone could have added the two lines of code to include the time and date in text IN THE INVITE!!! You're an employee, do employee stuff. Improve the product based on all the feedback here. Don't ask people to experiment, do workarounds etc. This is why my Zoom stock has tanked 80 percent. Continuous improvement is needed. All we want is to see the time and date of the meeting in the invite.