cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no sound from my guests but they can hear me

adamgjoseph
Listener

The sound was working perfectly yesterday but since this morning (European time), I have been unable to hear my guests.

ONE DAY LATER, STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.

THREE DAYS LATER, STILL THE SAME PROBLEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICES HAVE YET TO REPLY.

3 REPLIES 3

trichard11
Listener

I have the same situation and cannot figure it out.

adamgjoseph
Listener

Just to add that they can hear me perfectly so my microphone is working, but obviously when I run the sound tests, I can't hear the playback of my microphone recording. The sound on Skype, which I tested after logging out of Zoom, worked absolutely fine. Therefore, I can only assume that the problem lies with Zoom and an incompatibility with the sound drivers, perhaps. Zoom has not run any updates since a few days ago and it is the latest version.

adamgjoseph
Listener

MESSAGE SENT TODAY - PROBLEM SOLVED BY TRIAL AND ERROR

I don't know how but my audio was muted on zoom. How could this have happened? I have been unable to hear my "guests" since Friday. By trial and error, no thanks to your help guide, the bot, the customer services team or the community (the latter two of which I have received no help from whatsoever), in Windows 10, I went to Windows Settings, Sound, Advanced Sound Options and Device Preferences and Application Volume, scrolled down to where the Zoom and Zoom Meetings icons were, saw that both were muted and unmuted them. Now I have sound but it affected my meetings throughout Friday.