cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The user is not enabled for live streaming. Extend Help: https://www.youtube.com/features

cmangabeira
Listener

Hi,
When I try to livestream from Zoom to Youtube it verifies the error "The user is not enabled for live streaming. Extend Help: https://www.youtube.com/features".
But I can streaming direct from Youtube, so, the problem is not the Youtube. 
I´d like to know how can I fix this.
The problem is not the cookies or browser versions.

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @cmangabeira ensure that the live-stream feature is enabled on your YouTube channel. Otherwise, for issues with live streaming to YouTube, there can be a few different cases. 

Issues with streaming generally occur when trying to start the stream in your web browser. A new live stream can potentially be using older files from the last time you live-streamed, so clearing the browser’s cached files often helps. These instructions for Chrome and Firefox show you how to clear the cache. Once done, we suggest logging in to YouTube and having this page open before starting the stream again on Zoom: https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard 

Note: Clearing the cache will log you out of all websites on that browser, which will require you to log back into any sites you were previously logged in to. 

You can also try using a different browser to live stream. Open a separate browser, log in to YouTube, then copy and paste the link Zoom is currently trying to open in the browser. This should work very similar to clearing the browser cache if that option is not possible for you. 

Lastly, setting up the live stream as a custom service may work better than an instant live stream. It takes a bit more time to configure but can avoid issues, as YouTube is already expecting a live stream. 

Let me know if that helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN, I have the same problem and have live stream enabled on my channel and within zoom.  I also am trying to go live from within the Zoom app and not from a browser.  Can you suggest something else please??

I get the same message, I cleared cache, tried making google chrome as default browser and I still get that message. I can live stream from my channel and the channels I manage, and I can live streamfrom zoom from my channel, but not from the channels i do manage and I am enabled to live stream. I spent a long time yestereday with an assistant from zoom and she told me that it was a problem with YouTube, but the problem is with zoom.

How can I fix this issue?

@MLGDL Were you able to resolve this? I'm having the save issue even though on my YouTube it shows all verified and able to livestream

No, I haven’t been able to resolve that issue and I don’t know who else I can ask. Zoom is not giving me a solution. If you are able to solve this issue, please let us know, and the solution, please. 

Bummer. Will do

I was finally able to resolve this. The solution is here, I will copy and paste the instructions. 

When you login to your Youtube Channels and you select the channel you want to go live from, you must hit the camera in the upper right hand corner. This actually sends the request that you want to go live and it takes 24 hours from the time of the request before the permission is available. Having it enabled in our channel setting simply gives us the option to request it. This is why we get the error message the user is not enabled. Our access to get permission is enabled but we still need to make the request.

Log in. Select the channel you want to go live from. Click the camera in the upper rigt hand corner. Choose "go live". Hit the request button. Wait 24 hours.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @cmangabeira, were you able to look into my suggestions above on your Youtube live streaming issue? Let me know if that helped! If so, don't forget to mark my reply as the solution! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

amhbookkeeping
Listener

To those of you still struggling with this issue....I have found the solution.

When you login to your Youtube Channels and you select the channel you want to go live from, you must hit the camera in the upper right hand corner. This actually sends the request that you want to go live and it takes 24 hours from the time of the request before the permission is available. Having it enabled in our channel setting simply gives us the option to request it. This is why we get the error message the user is not enabled. Our access to get permission is enabled but we still need to make the request. Gosh I hope this makes sense.

TL;DR - Log in. Select the channel you want to go live from. Click the camera in the upper rigt hand corner. Choose "go live". Hit the request button. Wait 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply to this problem, I actually tried it today and I got the message that I will be able to stream tomorrow, 24 hours after I requested access to stream.  I will let you know tomorrow if it works.

It worked for me. My 24 hours were just up and I tested with a private Zoom stream to my youtube and it worked just fine. Let me know how it goes for you.