cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The event description will be replaced with the Zoom default invitation

ckeran
Listener

I used the Zoom Outlook Plugin to schedule a meeting. Before the meeting took place, I moved the meeting time till later that day. Once I hit the Send Update button, this message popped up "The event description will be replaced with the Zoom default invitation" (see attached screenshot). So, now the meeting no longer has the agenda text (event description) that I had originally included (so that attendees would know what the meeting was about).

Any ideas on why this happens and more importantly how to prevent it in the future?

FYI, this happened to me with a previous rescheduled meeting too and I've been searching around for this Plugin message without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ckeran yes absolutely! You can connect here, open a case and they will get back with you! 

I definitely appreciate the "conversation" here and if you need anything else please feel free to post again in the community! 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

jeremyjustin

Hi @ckeran thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I was looking over our support documentation on the plugin and it mentions "Note: You can cancel the Zoom meeting or change the settings of the Zoom meeting in the calendar invitation by selecting the corresponding buttons in the menu." I was curious what would happen if you use the Plugin to make changes to your meeting rather than just moving the time in Outlook. Here is the article for reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200881399-Microsoft-Outlook-Plugin-Desktop-

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thank you for your reply, @jeremyjustin.

Before trying your recommendation, I thought I'd try to replicate the "problem" and unfortunately I have yet to be able to replicate it. As I mentioned above, this has happened to me before, but obviously not always, so I'm trying to figure out when it replaces my event description and when it doesn't.

I was hoping that the Zoom staff might be able to find the warning text I mentioned in my initial post, and help me understand when this gets applied (so I can avoid that situation in the future).  🙂  Any thoughts about how I can connect with them on this?

jeremyjustin

Hi @ckeran yes absolutely! You can connect here, open a case and they will get back with you! 

I definitely appreciate the "conversation" here and if you need anything else please feel free to post again in the community! 

Great, thanks @jeremyjustin. I just now submitted a technical support ticket.

I also am having this problem. If I attach a document to a Zoom meeting scheduled in Outlook or delete an attendee, I get this message as well. Not only do I lose the title of the meeting, but Zoom generates a new meeting ID number so that an attendee gets an error message if they use the former login info.

Hello Jeremy, 

I'm using the Zoom Outlook Plugin to schedule meetings. I'm adding a banner and meeting event details in the invite. Before the meeting took place, I made a slight change to the Subject line.  Once I hit the Send Update button, this message popped up "The event description will be replaced with the Zoom default invitation." Please see attached screenshot.  So, now the meeting no longer has the banner or the event details that I had originally included (so that attendees would know what the meeting was about).  It has happened to me on many meeting where I am making updates to the meeting invite.  This is very frustrating.

Any ideas on why this happens and more importantly how to prevent it in the future?

FYI, this happened to me with a previous rescheduled meeting too and I've been searching around for this Plugin message without success.

Hi @jeremyjustin ! Wondering if there are any updates on this issue. The support ticket has been submitted on 2022-01-28 which was MONTHS ago and I just saw another person adding a comment regarding the issue. I've been also consistently experiencing this as well as some other employees in my organization. It's obviously impacting lots of users since only a few usually decide to go to an official forum and post a question there. So not sure how such issue can be ignored for such long time while its causing frustrations for a lot your customers. Will you be able to provide any update or hopefully communicate any ETA?

Same here. I know for a couple of people who have this issue. 

This is an on going issue, I'm not sure were the resolution is? You've sent an article on how to use the plugin which we all do but there is no resolution on how to stop the The event description will be replaced with the Zoom default invitation"

I too am having the same issue.  Any body text is Outlook is automatically deleted when updating the text and saving or adding attendees and/or changing the time of the meeting.  Of course you can duplicate the work (not ideal), but Outlook then sends a new appointment to all attendees, which can be confusing and overkill.  Is there a setting to disable this?

This has happened to me as well. It is a significant deficiency. I hope you do solve it soon.

DaveNewton
Listener

This problem has started for me as well.  Very frustrating.  Changing the meeting in Outlook, when you move the meeting, it replaces the meeting description with the Default.  "The event description will be replaced with the Zoom default invitation"

alopez
Listener

Any solutions found for this yet? It keeps happening to me too

JaniceWesthoff
Listener

Every time I add a new person to a meeting, or even forward an invite, Zoom overwrites my event description. So my agenda, etc is gone. I have to paste and re-send. Very frustrating!

AlexeyGonch
Listener

Same here! Wondering why there's no response - this is definitely affecting multiple users and is causing serious disruptions.

DymphnaO
Listener

I am having exactly the same problem.  When I modify the meeting invite e.g. add more names Zoom removes my even description and replaces it with default.  This is very frustrating as I am organising external meetings with clients.

guptha
Listener

same problem here also...

cK5
Listener

I am having the same exact issue, which is getting very frustrating because I lose all the important meeting details that I send to external clients.  What's going on and when will this be resolved?

nch01
Listener

Yep me too - my first time on this community, does Zoom support not assist with these issues, especially if multiple people having issues.

tgarlish01
Listener

Hi all,  This just happened to me as well.  However, somehow I lucked out.  Instead of hitting the Continue button after the message pops up, I just X'd out of the message.  It kept all of my information.  Not sure if I'll be this lucky next time or if this is the actual work-around to prevent losing your info.  Worth a shot next time.

Hi! This also just happened to me again, but X'ing the message didn't help. And I had to update it, again, put the agenda and all details back in place and resend again to everyone. This is frustrating!

That is so frustrating!  If it would've happened to me, I would've had to resend to hundreds of employees.  Embarrassing to say the least.

Zoom, can you please look into this?  11 months with no answers. Not a good look.

Zoom support needs to come up with a solution and ASAP to this.  It's frustrating to make any adjustments to an calander invite and then have zoom generate its own invite over everything.  What if you don't want a zoom meeting ZOOM!!! This needs to stop or I'll have to remove it altogether. 

Hi DFlorian,

AlexeyGonch below has opened up a new discussion since this one has been marked as solved. You may want to add your comments there.  Thanks!

Same here. I tried to X out so I could copy/paste the agenda and links to documents and it disappeared anyway.

AlexeyGonch
Listener

Starting a new discussion thread since this one had been marked as solved and that's probably why zoom folks are not responding here. Please go to the new thread and feel free to add your comments there: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Starting-again-The-event-description-will-be-replaced-with-th...

AjaGregory
Listener

I agree 100% this is completely frustrating.  Makes me want to stop using Zoom all together.  I have spent more than an hour trying to put an agenda in the body of my calendar invite at the top of the Zoom meeting. Ugh!!!!

Nmcbride
Listener

Hey all - I resolved this.  At least, in terms of my company.  We deploy the Outlook plugin automatically to all users through the 365 Admin Console.  Some legacy users had the the Outlook Plugin for Zoom ALSO installed in their Windows 10 apps list.  By removing that app (uninstalling) the issue immediately goes away.

Also, I discovered while we were troubleshooting that, if you pre-add text (even just a space bar space) into a meeting BEFORE you add the Zoom information, you can go back and freely amend the invite at your leisure.  This also solves the issue but is a sort of wonky workaround.  Hope that helps!!

Thank you for sharing! Much appreciated!

I am going to try both of these options and hopefully it will get resolved!   I got this annoying message just yesterday, and I hate that it removes the meeting description.  It leaves my clients so confused.  Thanks for working on this and providing an update! Appreciate it!

Thank you for sharing, Nmcbride! I'll try this too.

debwinslow
Listener

As a program manager working with many people on many topics, i too provide meeting context to my attendees in the invite  The generic invite name, text is very inconvenient.  I have had to go back and re-do so many invites.  

I hope there is a way to convert back. 

jesseo
Listener

This continues to happen to me. At this point I don't actually want to use Zoom or the Zoom plug in because it causes so much extra work. The only way to completely avoid it is to set up a separate invite and cancel the first one so everyone gets a new invite to accept every single time you have to change any little detail in the timing or text in the agenda/attachments.