cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zoom for GSuite Add-on looks like it changes settings incorrectly when you click Update Meeting.

catissocial
Listener

I can schedule for someone else in the Zoom for Gsuite Addon in google calendar.  However when I go back in to add an alt host or turn on waiting room or turn off "Only signed in users can join" and click Update Meeting it looks like it changes the meeting Back to Myself.   In the web portal the settings are correct.

Dear Zoom, please fix and adequately test this add on!

You are freaking out our assistants who schedule for other people.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @catissocial, when using the Zoom for GSuite Add-on, the meeting settings are applied based on your account settings. You can edit the meeting settings for a scheduled meeting.

You can refollow these steps to ensure that you're on the right path for scheduling on behalf of another user with the Zoom Add-on for Google Calendar:

1. Share your Google Calendar 

a. Under My Calendars click the [ ] icon next to your calendar. 

b. Hover over the menu and click Share this Calendar. 

c. share your Google calendar with your assistant and provide permission to Make changes to events. 

2. Assign Zoom Scheduling Privileges* 

a. Log in to your Zoom account at zoom.us. 

b. Click on Settings. 

c. Scroll down to ‘Scheduling Privilege’ and click Add. 

d. Input your assistant’s email address and click Assign. 

3. Install the Zoom Google Calendar Add-on 

a. Log in to your Google account, navigate to the G Suite Marketplace, and search for Zoom.

b. Click on the Zoom for Google Calendar add-on. 

c. Click Install then Continue. 

d. Review the terms of service and click Accept. 

e. Open Google Calendar and click the Zoom icon on the right side of the page. 

f. If this is your first time using the add-on, click Authorize Access and follow the prompts to allow Zoom access to your Google account. 

g. After authorizing access, click Sign In. 

h. A browser window will open, sign into your Zoom account and you will be redirected back to Google Calendar. 

Scheduling on Another’s Behalf Using the Zoom Google Calendar Add-on 

1. You will receive an email notification from Google Calendar when another user has granted calendar access. In the email notification, click Add this calendar. 

2. Open Google Calendar and click the user’s calendar whom you wish to schedule on behalf of. 

3. With the user’s calendar selected, click on a time slot to create a new calendar event on their calendar. 

4. Click More Options. 

5. Enter the meeting details, such as title, location, and guest list. 

6. In the Add conferencing dropdown menu, click Zoom Meeting. 

7. The Zoom meeting join details will then display in the conferencing section of the event. 

8. Click Save. Viewing and Starting Meetings 

1. Open Google Calendar and click on a Zoom meeting that has been scheduled. 

2. Hover over a join option and click the icon to copy the information or click Join Zoom Meeting to open Zoom and join the meeting. 

After following the steps, let me know if this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!