cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp block unmuting for single participant(s)

MrM
Listener

Does anyone know why Zoom doesn't give the host or cohost doesn't the ability to remove the unmute privilege for a single participant in a zoom meeting? I think a Block/Unblock option per participant for Host/co-host would be fantastic.

I know you can remove this privilege from the whole group and unmute certain participants but I would like to keep the unmuting privilege for the rest of the group.

Specifically, it would be great to be able to temporarily prevent a participant from unmuting themselves due to user error, technical difficulties or muting that "helpful suggestions" person during a discussion. We have many older participants in our discussions and for some reason a few just can't keep their fingers away from the microphone button. I'm not looking to kick them into the waiting room,  just temporarily prevent them from unmuting themselves.

thanks,

MrM

4 REPLIES 4

ScottProfe
Attendee

@MrM you should be able to remove the permission from all participants to unmute and then, one by one, give permission back to those who don't have the issue you mentioned. I'll try this in a meeting I have this evening and see if it works.

-- Scott

I tried. It's a no-go.

-- Scott

Helpful advice 

rwarren
Listener

will this also work for telephone-only users?  📞