cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical support services

oliverjames07
Listener

After spending quite a bit of time trying to get an improvement idea across to Zoom's technical team, I again seem to be unable to get a response.
Your technical support services are clearly underfunded by Zoom.
While your staff are polite and helpful to the best of their abilities, they are limited by the structure of your company.
It has been my pleasure to host and co-host many Zoom meetings over the past two and a half years.
In the past, there were as many as 184 people at one time, now there are about 80 people.
In your system, the guest speaker, who speaks for about 30 minutes, has to be dragged to position one by the person (some don't even know how to do this). After the speaker talks, the people are asked to raise their hands to share back.
Many people raise their hands before the speaker finishes. Once one hand is raised, the screens are frozen in place and cannot be moved.
Will the individual who raised their hand also appear before the main speaker? Multiple hands raised move the main speaker further out of the way in each case.
This also means people on smaller devices can not even see the speaker anymore.???
My advice to Zoom which was already given some time ago and NOT! listened to is:
1. Have the facility to pin the speaker in small size i.e. the same as the 25 frames one sees on a laptop. Being pinned in 1st place is what we want! as they are the main focus of any and all meetings. If the raised hand sharers appear AFTER the main speaker and Not! before as they currently do this would go a long way to help.
2. If you were to include an enable and disable raise hand function the host could then turn on allowing raised hands at the CORRECT! timing.
Thanks for any help and hope someone can improve the current mess.
Please do not suggest that we pay money for any webinar products as our meetings are charitably given. Also do not please repeat that I can spotlight people as that also does not work as the spotlighted individual takes over most of the screen and many of our visitors then have no idea how to return to gallery view. It would then become a mess.
Thanks again in Advance

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @oliverjames07,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Your post ended up in Contact Center which is intended for issues related to Zoom's call center application.  I'll attempt to respond to some of your concerns here.  Please note that I am not a Zoom employee -- I'm a customer, just like you, but I volunteer a lot of my time here in the Zoom Community to help out where I can.

The Zoom client application is designed to work for the vast majority of use cases, and unfortunately can't be customized for every person's individual expectations.  But that being said, your post indicated you didn't want a suggestion regarding Spotlighting.  So I won't bother you with my recommendation here.

Regarding Raised Hands, the priority placement of Raised Hands at the head of the Gallery is intended to alert speakers and hosts that someone has a question.  I find a gentle reminder to attendees to not raise hands until questions are called for helps, but in a meeting of over 30-50 people, I find the level of influence of such an announcement is small -- there will always be a few people who want to be first in line, and will push their way up there no matter what it takes.

An additional note to the attendees that "hands raised while the speaker is still speaking will be lowered by the Host"... and stick to that.  Some of them will get the hint; others, not so much.  You might consider making a Feature Request to allow the host to DISABLE and ENABLE Raised Hands  on the Security or Reactions menu.

Feature Request entry: https://www.zoom.us/feed

The suggestions made in your post are not viewed by the Zoom development team.  Feature Requests must be made in the link above.  I assure you that the Zoom staff does review the Feature Requests, and development of future feature sets are largely based on most popular customer comments.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Very disappointed with Zoom higher levels of tech support that fail to react and respond to long time supportive customers .Having spent quite a bit of time trying to get an improvement idea across to your technical team I again seem to get nowhere.
Zoom have clearly not invested enough in your Technical support services.
Your staff are both very polite and as helpful as they can be but are limited to your structure.
I host and co-host many meetings over the last 2 1/2 years on Zoom.
As many as 184 people at one time, average about 80 persons now.
The problem with your system is: The guest speaker appx 30mins currently needs to be dragged by the individual to position one ( some do not even know how to do this) after his/her talk people are asked to raise hand function to share back.
Unfortunately quite a few raise their hands before the speaker finishes. Once one hand is raised the screens are then frozen in place and can not be moved.
The raised hand individual will also appear in front of the main speaker??? when multiple hands are raised this in each case moves the main speaker further out of the way.
This also means people on smaller devices can not even see the speaker anymore.???
My advice to Zoom which was already given some time ago and NOT! listened to is:
1. Have the facility to pin the speaker in small size i.e. the same as the 25 frames one sees on a laptop. Being pinned in 1st place is what we want! as they are the main focus of any and all meetings. If the raised hand sharers appear AFTER the main speaker and Not! before as they currently do this would go a long way to help.
2. If you were to include an enable and disable raise hand function the host could then turn on allowing raised hands at the CORRECT! timing.
Thanks for any help and hope someone can improve the current mess.
Please do not suggest that we pay money for any webinar products as our meetings are charitably given. Also do not please repeat that I can spotlight people as that also does not work as the spotlighted individual takes over most of the screen and many of our visitors then have no idea how to return to gallery view. It would then become a mess.
Thanks again in Advance
Paul Saunders

kathydesmond
Listener

This is ridiculously confounding. I spend hundreds of dollars on a zoom membership but they wont offer any customer service when i call. I just need help installing zoom on my macbook. it wont install.