cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Channel messages empty after re-installing new zoom desktop client

Elbjes
Listener

Hi Community,

I have de-installed the zoom client and installed the new desktop client (windows). With the new client I only see very old messages in two team channels (it is a private group channel). I cannot see new messages but I know there are new ones. In the chats with a person directly, I see all chat messages.

I cannot find something to change in my settings.

Perhaps someone has a hint for me what I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Astrid

5 REPLIES 5

ArvinG
Participant | Zoom Employee

To clarify, when a member of that channel sends a message you get a notification (I am assuming that you do - as this should tell you if you have a new message) but when you go in to that channel to check what that message is you can't see it except for old messages?

Elbjes
Listener

Hi Arvin,

pardon, it was described not correctly by me. New messages I can see but messageges which have been posted before the datetime I re-installed the new client I cannot see. So the history is empty. But very old messages (from March) I can see. So there is missing a big period of history.

Cheers, Astrid

ArvinG

Thank you for clarifying! Normally you should still see the chat history post re-installation. Makes me wonder now if you have chat cloud storage enabled. Here's a good article that you can check >> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005516426#h_01EH7ZDRWQHVKRP9C566BFQTNV

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

I tried to open the "Account Settings" but unfortunately I cannot access the menue. Is it because I am no admin and only installed the Zoom Client for free (account type = free)?

ArvinG

Yes. That is correct. That may also be the reason why we aren't seeing historical chats after re-installation.