cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to selected participant(s) in Focus Mode

kelvin
Listener

Hi, 

I understand that the host can control what the participants see in Focus Mode. But can they control what the participant hears?

Would it be possible to talk to just a selected participant in Focus Mode? For example, if a teacher wants to tell a student something but not announce it to the whole class, is there a way for the teacher to select which student to talk to? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @kelvin ,

I hope you are excited for the weekend!

That's a great suggestion you can submit through our submit a feedback, you can send it here.

There are two (2) routes this can be done:

1. You can send all the other students in the waiting room and just leave that student with you in the main room as you deliver your feedback

or

2. You can send that particular student in a breakout room and join him there to deliver your feedback privately

I hope these alternate solutions will suffice for now while the feature request you are going to submit will be developed by our software engineers. 

Please don't forget to hit the like button and mark this as solved if you are absolutely okay with the proposed alternate solutions.

Thank you and stay safe always!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Peter_Uy

Hi @kelvin ,

I hope you are excited for the weekend!

That's a great suggestion you can submit through our submit a feedback, you can send it here.

There are two (2) routes this can be done:

1. You can send all the other students in the waiting room and just leave that student with you in the main room as you deliver your feedback

or

2. You can send that particular student in a breakout room and join him there to deliver your feedback privately

I hope these alternate solutions will suffice for now while the feature request you are going to submit will be developed by our software engineers. 

Please don't forget to hit the like button and mark this as solved if you are absolutely okay with the proposed alternate solutions.

Thank you and stay safe always!

Thank you @Peter_Uy  

Peter_Uy

You're welcome @kelvin  and Happy Friday!

itz_nayls
Listener

ok

sybae
Listener

aloaapisaassi

asasiauaijwaiaiiaiz