cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Samsung SM-T31 - Android version 4.2.2

Daiana
Listener

Dear All,

I can't use Zoom with the above mentioned tablet. I tried to start a meeting but I received the following message:

Update Required. Your app version needs to be 5.8.6 o higher to join this meeting. Please update to continue

What shall I do?

Daiana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi daiana,

according zoom support article, android devices need Android 5.0x or later

Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android – Zoom Support

android version 4.2.2 appears to be an old version.  according to sumsung, "Older devices may not be able to update to the latest Android version due to hardware limitations."

How to update the software on a Galaxy smartphone or tablet | Samsung IE

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot

hi daiana,

according zoom support article, android devices need Android 5.0x or later

Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android – Zoom Support

android version 4.2.2 appears to be an old version.  according to sumsung, "Older devices may not be able to update to the latest Android version due to hardware limitations."

How to update the software on a Galaxy smartphone or tablet | Samsung IE

thanks,  eliot

Dear Eliot, thank you very much for your help. I have already updated my tablet. It must be a problem of hardware limitation, but

I wonder if I can download a old version of Zoom and use it now in 2022 with other people using the last version of Zoom.

In Play Store of my tablet there is an app: Zoom Room Controller, which I can use in two ways: Controller Zoom Rooms or Display di pianificazione. In both cases I have to type a code that I can't find. Do you think this Zoom Room Controller app wuold be useful to join Zoom meeting with my old tablet? 

Daiana

Daiana
Listener

Dear Eliot, thank you very much for your help. I have already updated my tablet. It must be a problem of hardware limitation, but

I wonder if I can download a old version of Zoom and use it now in 2022 with other people using the last version of Zoom.

In Play Store of my tablet there is an app: Zoom Room Controller, which I can use in two ways: Controller Zoom Rooms or Display di pianificazione. In both cases I have to type a code that I can't find. Do you think this Zoom Room Controller app wuold be useful to join Zoom meeting with my old tablet?

Daiana