cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress welcome email on new user creation

RyanTrauernicht
Listener

I am trying to see if there is a way to remove the welcome email that gets sent to new users are created? We would like to control when that information gets sent to the end user for onboarding. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

What type of organizational licenses are you using?  If users are signing up for Zoom on their own, you might not be able to control the initial response from Zoom. If you are provisioning the Zoom account directly, especially if using SSO, I think there’s hope. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

RyanTrauernicht
Listener

We have SSO and we are ATM importing them via CSV. I see there is ways to stop the phone welcome email but I haven't found a way for the meeting (or initial user creation). What kind of "hope" are you thinking? 

Ray_Harwood

@RyanTrauernicht –

Well, we’re in an area I don’t know much about and don’t have any experience in … but I saw this Zoom Support article that seems to imply that it will only send emails to users if they are not in an “approved associated domain”, with another caveat that they’ll also get an email if the email address is already associated with a paid or free trial account. 

Read through that article and see what changes to your process might stop triggering the emails. No promises, but I can hope it’ll work out!!  

If not, your next action should be to send a Support ticket to Zoom staff at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new or at least a feature request to https://zoom.us/feed/  since I wouldn’t be confident at that point that you can get a solution the volunteers in the Zoom Community. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !