cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Problems and Password Trouble

GabrieleBreder
Listener

It is extremely hard not to have a telephone hotline and propper support. I need to be able to ask short or even stupid questions in order to learn. It helps learning by doing if you have the chance to get answers fast. Mostly, there ist not much time, and a whole seminar would be a waste, if there are only specific questions mow and then that could be aswered in a few seconds by somenone on the phone.

Now my problem at the monent: When planning meetings, I need to set a personal ID, because only if you do that, people outside the US can call via telephone without the call being rerouted through the US. (wtf!??)

But for some reason I cannot set different passwords for different meetings. Why not? As soon as I set a new password for a newly plannend meeting, I see that all the meetings planned previously suddenly have the new password, too. How stupid is this?? Especially since I have already sent the other meeting invitations! 

I really need help here asap!* I mean we are paying a lot of money each year. So I should be eligible to answers, when I need them, and it should be possible to secure meetings with seperate IDs.

Thank you!

*Wondering how long this is gonna take! :'-(

4 REPLIES 4

GabrieleBreder
Listener

P.S. Sorry, I should not have used the term passowrd. I meant passcode, of xourse.

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

If you want to set different meetings with different passwords, do not use your personal meeting ID. Your personal meeting ID is like one meeting, with one password that always stay the same.

For the call in numbers, there are numbers for every country:

Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Generally speaking, any meeting can be connected to from any country around the world. You can restrict which servers your participants can connect to by adjusting which locations are available for your participants. If you disable all regions but the US for example, no phone numbers outside of the US will be able to connect to your meetings, but those joining via computer will still be able to connect, but will have poorer connections, as they are connecting to the US servers, regardless of where they are in the world. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Mintah
Listener

Passcode