cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly a "whoooshing" sound in background.

MusicGuy
Listener

Every Sunday I share music videos and play the piano "live"; Today a "whooshing" background sound started after about 30 seconds and then gradually got louder.  Any ideas how/why this change was heard for the first time today?

2 REPLIES 2

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @MusicGuy 

Can you check your mic and the audio driver? Als Zoom desktop client has options that utilize a noise suppression filter which can help remove distracting noises that participants pick up

1. In the Zoom desktop client, click your profile picture and Settings.

2. Click the Audio 

Tab.
  3. Under the Suppress background noise section, select the level of suppression you wish to use:
    • Auto: This is the default setting and will apply moderate background noise reduction when needed. It will auto-adjust the aggressiveness for blocking background noise based on what it detects in the background. If music is seen, it will not treat the music as background noise.
    • Low: Noise reduction will be minimal. It will block low levels of persistent background noise.
      Note: This setting is best for casually playing music, as it will preserve as much of the original sound as possible. For the highest fidelity when playing music, consider using the Enable Original Audio setting in your advanced audio settings.
    • Medium: Best for reducing and eliminating background noise in standard environments, including fans, pen tapping, etc.
    • High: Noise reduction will be at its most aggressive and eliminate noise such as crunching of paper or wrappers, keyboard typing, etc. 
      Note: Enabling this option may increase CPU utilization.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

phylliselkind
Listener

Shaimaa - WRONG ANSWER!!!   ZOOM HAS A DEFECT.  It started several months back after Zoom made significant changes to the audio.  When I turn ORIGINAL SOUND on, there is a 'whoosh' - just as he said - that is heard.   When I turn ORIGINAL SOUND off, the whoosh goes away.  This is NOT noise in my room.  THIS IS A DEFECT as far as I can see.