cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden change for scheduling Zoom via Gmail calendar?

ckwehe
Listener

This morning my gmail calendar no longer has an Add Zoom meeting option in the calendar event. I used to have the option to create an event, then add Zoom or Meet before saving or sending invitations.

Now, there is an option at the bottom right after I first click to add an event to make it a zoom meeting, but if I click that button, the event saves automatically before I can add any details. Has something changed? I tried uninstalling the extension and reinstalling already. 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kcrewse
Listener

FYI - the Scheduler extension is back up and working again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jazyblu
Listener

Same issue for me today. I am an admin assistant I can no longer schedule a meeting for my boss using his Zoom account. It defaults to my zoom account. This is a problem! Been googling trying to resolve this all morning.

Kcrewse
Listener

We are having this issue in our domain as well. The Zoom Marketplace plug-in has options on the right pane of Google Calendar, but it doesn't work the same as before and our staff are having trouble adjusting. Is there a way to revert to the old version?

Midevil
Listener

Zoom support told me they're aware of it and working on a fix. 

kbarquin
Listener

This same issue is occurring for me - I cannot schedule any Zoom meetings from Google calendar anymore using the extension. Many, many people are reporting the same outage on the Chrome extension page for Zoom Scheduler - more every minute! (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoom-scheduler/kgjfgplpablkjnlkjmjdecgdpfankdle/related)  Can you please help?

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to your Google account as an administrator.
Create a dedicated user who can manage all calendar resources.
See the Google support article, Add users individually for instructions on how to add this user.
Create or locate a calendar resource for each Zoom Room.
See the Google support article, Add a calendar resource for instructions.
Open the Google Calendar app.
Make sure that you can see the calendar resource for each room under My calendars.
How to share a Zoom Room calendar resource
Follow these step to share a calendar resource with the user you created to manage calendar resources, and grant them permissions to make changes. Repeat these steps for each calendar resource you want to share.

Sign in to Google Calendar using the user you created to manage calendar resources.
Click the menu icon in the top-left corner.
Find a calendar resource for a Zoom Room, hover over the calendar resource name, click the ellipses more-button.png, then click Settings and sharing.
Below Share with specific people, click Add People.

Regards,
James

Kcrewse
Listener

FYI - the Scheduler extension is back up and working again.

I'm having the same problem with Firefox. When creating an event in Google Calendar there is only an option to make it a Google Meet video conference. No option to make it a Zoom Meeting. I've uninstalled and re-installed the extension with no luck.