cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the after-meeting promotion pop-ups

myaro
Listener

The problem
Recently, I started getting promotional popups from the Zoom desktop client on Mac.  See attached.  They're all zoom promotions for additional products and services.  As someone who joins a dozen or so meetings per day, it's getting really frustrating having to close these popups after meetings. 

Request

Can someone help me find out how to stop these annoying popups?

What I tried

I searched through the knowledge base and the settings for a way to disable this, and I can't find any option related to this.  I searched for things like "after meeting" and "promotion" and found no matching results.

Zoom client details

Zoom for Mac - V5.11.6 (9890)

16 REPLIES 16

johan_hernandez
Listener

+1 how do I disable this? I'm getting promotions that don't even make sense, I'm already a paid user. In another account I'm a member of a paid team with a paid seat.

elrod
Listener

+1

HSCross
Listener

+1 this is very annoying

+1

JGalt
Listener

Anybody else want to join me on highlighting this in social media?  It is extremely annoying and they are forcing paying customers to close these popups after every meeting.  Zoom support is so clueless, they made me jump through hoops (uninstall/reinstall, upgrade to latest version, blah blah) before finally telling me the geniuses on the Zoom eCommerce team came with this brilliant idea to annoy paying customers.  And to make matters, now they don't want to refund my full subscription fee. 

myaro
Listener

This remains a significant source of frustration. I'm paying for a premium account and still getting pop-up advertisements in zoom.  How can I disable this?

JGalt
Listener

The product geniuses at Zoom think the best way to get recommended is to annoy the crap out of paying customers.  Their support has finally told me it cannot be turned off (after giving me the runaround).  I even messaged the CEO of Zoom via LinkedIn to no avail.  And Zoom doesn't want to refund me my full subscription either (since they are the ones that started this annoyance I feel it is absolutely fair to ask for a full refund).  I am just waiting for my subscription to run out to cancel.  Open to starting a campaign to shame Zoom into removing this annoying feature (I only want to take this route because all other approaches have failed)

myaro
Listener

And here's another from today (see attachment)

myaro
Listener

If anyone would like to submit feedback, try it here: 
https://www.zoom.us/feed

I just did after support gave me an unsafistactory answer: 

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support. This is Kori and I am happy to help you.

I understand that you want to know how to  Disable all the pop-up advertisements after the meetings. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

As per checking these pop-ups are coming out by design and cannot be disabled. But we can submit a feedback about it and rest assured that we will be evaluating our overall strategy with your feedback in mind.

In order to submit a Feature Request to our Product Team, please fill out a feedback form located at https://www.zoom.us/feed

JGalt
Listener

I submitted feedback multiple times.  It is a terrible waste of time.  Nobody at Zoom is paying attention and they don't care.  I told Zoom support that if they were truly serious about providing "support" they would keep escalating my case until I actually got to speak to either the product head or the support head.  As usual got the party line about how they don't have visibility into the other parts of the company...which is a euphemism for "we don't really want to try too hard because we just might end up solving your problem".

emrul
Listener

This is super frustrating. I have opened a ticket with support and if they can't tell me how to disable these I'll cancel my Zoom subscription.

I can tell you right now with absolute confidence: Zoom support will waste a bunch of your time.  Cancel the subscription and save yourself time/frustration.  I even contacted their CEO on linkedIn and got nowhere.  Zoom doesn't care !!

Thanks @JGalt - you might be right. But these nag screens are nuts - EVERY time I end a meeting or launch Zoom there's something. Extremely poor.

Completely in agreement with you.  Forget Zoom support taking it up the chain internally, they couldn't put me in touch with the brilliant product manager that specified this feature.  Either we  should launch a social media campaign, or just give up and cancel the subscription.  There are plenty of good video conferencing features out there !!!!

okrvcxastkvrasv
Listener

Thank you for posting this. I've just cancelled my yearly renewal.

Did the same in the end and got a partial refund of unused months. Then a few weeks later a message saying they miss me... what a joke. If they genuinely cared about paying customers they'd have a way to disable the repeated nag screens asking paying customers to upgrade.