cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo Audio File not created when selected in Original Audio Settings

waitforaaron
Listener

I enabled original sound in my Zoom meeting and have it set to "Stereo Audio" in my Zoom Audio settings. However, after I am done recording the meeting, the file that is saved is still only a mono file. I have the audio set up where one microphone is panned to the Left and one to the Right in my audio interface so that they are independent. However, after recording, Zoom only gives me a mono audio file with both Left and Right channels collapsed into mono.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @waitforaaron @lilwoomusiq, Zoom transmits in stereo but the recording will be in mono format, if the stereo audio is enabled it will only be available during the meeting/webinar but not on the recording. You can submit your ideas, requests, or comments about this directly to https://zoom.us/feed as we hope to see this supported in the near future. Thanks! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lilwoomusiq
Listener

Following since im having a similar issue. I have enabled "stereo audio" through both web portal and client app settings.

I used 2 mono tracks and panned them hard left and hard right. However, the so called "stereo" file for some reasons, is still just a mono signal in both ears.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @waitforaaron @lilwoomusiq, Zoom transmits in stereo but the recording will be in mono format, if the stereo audio is enabled it will only be available during the meeting/webinar but not on the recording. You can submit your ideas, requests, or comments about this directly to https://zoom.us/feed as we hope to see this supported in the near future. Thanks! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!