cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start video option not available

P-S
Attendee

I saw that my one friend using zoom and is not able to start her video.  She doesn't have the option to start her video.  Even the host does not has the option to start my friend's video.

How can she resolve this issue?

--
P-S
10 REPLIES 10

_ZoomUser_
Participant

Maybe the host can ask to turn on her video?

The host and my friend doesn't has the option to start the camera of my friend.

--
P-S

JonathanM
Listener

If there is no option to then Zoom is not seeing a video source. If the camera is onboard you might need to turn it on in the BIOS, if it is a USB camera then I would try a different port or maybe pinching the end of the USB cable a little to make it more secure in the slot.

If these conditions don't exist and you have an IT department I would take to to them and have them troubleshoot the issue.

By mistake i clicked accept as solution 

--
P-S

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @P-S! You, as the author of the discussion, have the ability to remove the solution. Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 9.40.26 AM.png 

If you have not already, test your video to confirm that the correct camera is selected and adjust your video settings or check out the troubleshooting Zoom video crashes on some further suggestions! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having the same problem - when i start or join a meeting i do not have the option to start video. however, when i access my zoom settings, i do see myself in the "test" window, and it has my webcam listed as the option (I have a built in one).

here's the big difference: I access a "cloud" desktop at my company over VPN from my personal laptop. they also require us to install Zoom on our personal devices - they say it has to be this way to work, for some reason. I'd never experienced any issues until this last update, about a month ago, when i stopped being able to use my video camera in the zoom on my cloud desktop. it works fine on my personal laptop. it's like that version has taken over and i can't switch it back (I'm logged out of Zoom on my personal laptop currently, but it doesn't seem to matter). 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @kph so it sounds like you're using a virtual machine (virtual desktop), do you know what virtual machine you're using? E.g., Azure, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc..?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi there.  A coworker of mine and I are having a similar issue and are using VMWare.  Mine was previously working, then not working, then working again and now is not giving me the Video button again within the meeting.

a_r_r
Listener

I am also having this issue.  I use VMWare virtual desktop.  When in the environment, I see my video when I go to my video settings.  However, when I start or join a call, the option for video is not even present, and I cannot see anyone's video feed.  

Please advise.

RajG
Observer

Any resolution. I am having exact same problem. I am using VMWare client too.