cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start screen sharing with maximized screen on MacOS

alexzoom
Listener

Hi,

we are heavily using Zoom in my company, I'm in Zoom meetings for most of my day. I have recently switched from Windows to MacOS and I find it very inconvenient to share my screen maximized. I need to share my entire desktop as I frequently switch between browser, powerpoint, VNC screens, and other apps. On Windows I usually maximize my screen and then share it. On MacOS, however, the maximized screen vanishes after I switch to Zoom and share my desktop, and the audience sees my desktop first and I have to find and open the maximized screen again. Most of the time now I open my app in non-maximized window that covers "almost" the desktop, then share desktop, and then maximize screen. This is very awkward and cumbersome. 
Is there any way in Zoom to share in desktop mode but still start on a maximized window?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

billfernandez
Listener

I'm not sure, but you might be able to use Mission Control, to create multiple desktops, and assign each key app to run on a separate desktop, then place each such app in fullscreen mode, and use control-left-arrow and control-right-arrow to flip between desktops.