cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Time vs Daylight Savings Time

mfavell
Listener

Does Zoom set up meetings based on standard time or daylight savings time?

I am in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST) and we are currently on daylight savings time (EDT). My goal is to have a meeting at 4 pm local time on April 2nd.

So do I schedule the meeting for 4 pm, or do I schedule it for 3 pm to account for daylight savings time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@mfavell , if you did not select any timezone when scheduling a meeting, it will follow the local timezone of the machine.

Hoe this helps!

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man

@mfavell , if you did not select any timezone when scheduling a meeting, it will follow the local timezone of the machine.

Hoe this helps!

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Sorry, this doesn't help.

The scheduling window says it's in Eastern Standard Time -- but here it's actually Eastern Daylight.

That option isn't available in the drop-down menu, nor is there any ability to delete the EST.

See the attached screen shot.

What to do?

Skippy606
Listener

Re-aliving this post two years later to say this is still an issue. We're in Central Daylight Savings time and there is not option for this, only Central Standard Time. 

A recent Zoom Knowledge Article says to re-set the clock on your computer, which I did. And my computer automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time. Is there another fix for this?