cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ssl+ proxy

Ksharma2
Listener

Hi helpful members, 

we are using superlumin firewall online our environment and we have zoom issue as it freezes and connections drops. 
we never configured any udp settings  or routed traffic to any supernets of IP. 
The connection is using ssl+proxy. Can anybody have suggestions how to solve this 

10 REPLIES 10

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi KSharma2

SSL+Proxy means that Zoom traffic is routed via the proxy and using port 443 (SSL). It obviously impacts user experience.

If your company policy allows it, please configure your network/firewall to directly reach out to Zoom servers  (*.zoom.us) & allow UDP ports outbound as per support article below.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362683-Network-firewall-or-proxy-server-settings-for-Zo...

Hi RajanB, 

I have question in mind that I need to  define the rules for udp only or for both udp and tcp.  Thanks 

RajanB

Hi KSharma2

It depends on the ports as per the support article.

For example, it states that

TCP port 8801 & 8802

UDP port 8801-8810

No I mean for which protocol I need to define rule on my firewall

RajanB

KSharma2

You need to define rules for both TCP & UDP depending on which ports are used. Hopefully it answers your query. 

You means all supernets both for udp and tcp?

RajanB

KSharma2

Yes; for all those IP subnets/ranges defined in the support article.

Hi rajan sorry to bother you again, I open udp traffic from inside to outside on port 8801-8810 defined in the article, still I need to define supernets? It’s too many for tcp and udp

RajanB

KSharma2

It depends on your environment and requirement.

In office environment, you'd normally be defining IP subnets/ranges to make it secure in addition to ports.  To provide reliable and scalable solution, ZOOM has data centres all over the world & hence the need for the large numbers of IP address requirements.

Please check link below which has all these IP subnet/ranges defined in a text format required for Zoom Meetings.

https://assets.zoom.us/docs/ipranges/ZoomMeetings.txt

So it means whether data centre is in india and I am in canada. Still needs to define those supernets