cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squashed webcam image

Martin2002
Listener

I've recently switched to a new laptop. I've kept the webcam, so I can use it on the new device.

The weird thing is that although I have copied the settings onto my new laptop, the image is compressed horizontally. What's even stranger is that the image only looks compressed in the Zoom-app, and elsewhere it is displayed correctly. For example, on my laptop's camera app everything looks fine, but when Zoom is running it looks like the sides have been pressed together. I checked multiple times on my old laptop, and everything was fine.

The image only looks distorted on my new device and only in the Zoom-app. I couldn't find anything online about it. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? Thanks in advance!

🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue? That may help us point you in the right direction. 

20220224_200414.jpg

20220224_200528.jpg hope this helps. One photo shows how it looks on my old laptop, how it should be looking. The other photo is showing how it looks on the new device, distorted. And again: only looks distorted on my new laptop during Zoom. On my old device Zoom works correctly, on my new device during other apps everything's fine.

As you can see, all settings are the same. But the edges are black, everything that would be at the sides ist squashed into the middle.

Bort

Das ist aber merkwürdig...
Überprüften Sie für neuen Video- oder Webcam-Treibern? Installierten Sie die Zoom App neu? 

Die App habe ich schon mehrmals deinstalliert und wieder installiert. Ich glaube nicht, dass es an den Treibern liegt, da ja diese Verzerrung nur in einer einzigen App existiert. Aber selbst wenn, ich wüsste ehrlich gesagt nicht, wie ich die Treiber kontrollieren könnte und du worauf ich dabei achten müsste.

Bort

Die Aktualisierung Ihrer Webcam-Treiber hängt davon ab, welche Art von Webcam Sie verwenden. Wenn es sich um eine eingebaute Webcam handelt, müssen Sie wahrscheinlich auf der Website des Computerherstellers nach Treibern suchen. Wenn es sich um eine externe Webcam handelt, müssen Sie auf der Website des Webcam-Herstellers nach Treibern suchen.

Wenn Sie weitere Details angeben können, kann ich Ihnen möglicherweise dabei helfen, aktualisierte Treiber zu finden.