cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker View

Qwertyportne
Listener

Would someone please explain the Speaker View to me? At my first meeting, I could see the small pictures of each person at the top (Gallery View) and when someone spoke, I saw their face in the larger view below. When I spoke, however, I continued to see the small picture of me in the Gallery above but did not see my face in the larger view below. Perhaps this is the way it's supposed to work, but the leader of my first meeting didn't know if my face should appear below (on my monitor) when I said something. Thanks for your help.

Bill

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Bill, 
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Speaker view should be that whomever is speaking should be in the larger viewpoint. What could have happened in your meeting is that someone may have pinned their video panel. When a video panel is pinned in a speaker view then that persons video is focused as the main speaker view. It is built that way for meetings when you have a special speaker that you want the entire meeting to remain focused on. 

Here is a quick reference that you can use to learn more about pinning and spotlighting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rly4y7ya9k

I hope that this helps. 

Regards, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Qwertyportne
Listener

Let me add that the leader had not pinned one person, as if they were the prime speaker. The video of everyone who spoke appeared in the larger view below except me.

Qwertyportne
Listener

Would someone please answer my question? I'm trying to find out if my face should appear on my monitor when I speak at a ZOOM meeting. I've only attended one meeting and the leader was not "pinning" anyone. Everyone's face appeared in the larger view when they spoke except mine. 

YaBoiB

Hello @Qwertyportne

Yes, your video thumbnail should show up unless you have your video disabled. If your video was disabled at the time of the meeting then it will not show up in the gallery view or speaker view. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

KelNic
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello @Qwertyportne ,

Thanks for your question! The other attendees are seeing you as active speaker in the meetings if your camera is on. You likely are not seeing yourself as active speaker due a personal Zoom account setting. If you DO want to see yourself in future meetings, check off the box in your Video settings that says "See myself as the active speaker while speaking". Please see the screenshot attached. This will only affect your personal experience going forward. 

Best,

Kelly

If this response was helpful for you, please do not forget to click on the accepted solutions button!