cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound share issues with Apple Music

Breathflow
Listener
 I primarily use zoom with sharing my music in the background.

I use the advanced screen share, share audio. 

I have done some troubleshooting and people on the other end can hear the shared audio with youtube and spotify, but when I open and use apple music, they cannot hear it. They used to be able to...this has happened only in the past couple of weeks. I can't remember if it was in conjunction with a recent update. 

Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Breathflow 

This kind of behavior would be consistent with some kind of Digital rights management (DRM), but I am not sure if this could be the case here.

Are you using an Apple computer?

Rupert

nxw
Listener

I am experiencing this same thing. it works with youtube but not apple music 

Beninspire
Listener

Ive been que experiencing this issue since the last update. I’m a mac user sharing mostly Spotify. I cannot find anything about how to fix it. 

Spearmint
Listener

My amazing wife has been having this issue for weeks, hoping to quit Spotify and use Music. She just figured it out. Music has its own audio router built in, represented by a triangle with sound arcs coming out of it (top right corner of the main Music menu). Tell it to route through your computer instead of sending it to a BT speaker (which was her issue). Zoom and your Mac will still send audio to the BT, as long as they are set too, but Music will send it's audio to the computer first, so it can then be shared with your Zoom feed. AYAYAYAE!! 😄

Breathflow
Listener

Thanks!