cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound loss when playing flute

kellahui
Listener

I take flute lesson over Zoom.  When talking, it is fine, but when I am playing the flute, my teacher hears no sound on his end.   I have checked the Professional Audio.  I even tested it with other external devices.  It works outside of Zoom, but not in Zoom.  I thought Zoom is filtering out the flute sound as noises and tried to suppress different levels of the background sound and nothing worked.   I am on a HP ENVY All-in-One Desktop with a HP-ENVY USB Webcam.  Windows 11.

3 REPLIES 3

Twalkertf
Listener

I had the same problem with violin lessons and a new laptop with Windows 11. I read another post that said they fixed this issue with this adjustment...I did same and it is now working. In Zoom settings, audio, advanced: turning off "signal processing by windows audio device drivers". 

Hi Twalkertf.  Thank you for your suggestion but it didn't work for me.  I submitted a tech support ticket and their suggestions didn't seem to work either.  I see that there are many other posts with the same problem with Windows 11.  Hopefully, with enough people complaining, Windows or Zoom will eventually fix the problem.  For now, I have a work around by using my old laptop for my lesson while taking notes on my new desktop.  

Twalkertf
Listener

Well my fix didn't last, which I can't explain. It's like there is something embedded in Windows 11 that keeps overriding any "fix" I try.  I give up. I've reverted to using my large iPad for lessons. Soooo frustrating.