cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users in our account receiving 'You are restricted from screen sharing in this meeting'

jencolrn
Listener

Good Morning,

We adjusted our Admin screen sharing settings yesterday to lock the below screen sharing settings. 
This morning, a handful of our users in the account are consistently receiving a pop-up  message that they are restricted from screen sharing. 
Curious as to why only some users are receiving the message and if there is a way to keep them from seeing the message on every meeting.

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

 My guess is that some users have globally enabled screen sharing in their own  account settings and some have not. So some users are getting the error.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.26.00 AM.png

Hello,

I suggest you submit a ticket with Zoom support (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new)  
Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi Frank_TB,

Yes, that would be my guess, as well. 
Unsure if they can really change it back, now that we've locked it...
I might have them try.

Thanks!

jencolrn
Listener

Update: Did a live chat with Zoom support. Apparently, if we turn off screensharing at the admin level, the pop-up will occur for all meetings, once a guest joins. We quickly learned it was impacting all of our clinicians 🙂

Debjani18
Listener

screen sharing is restricted. It hampered my meetings. Pls rectify it immediately