cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions dealing with recordings

KallEl75
Listener

I am sorry if these quesitons have been asked and answered already, but since I am not very good with technical matters, I could not find them.

I am sort of trying to figure one thing out here, and that is what sort of possibilites I have when it comes to recording things on Zoom. 

I do get the basic recording part ( I have tried it and it seems to work both when I am speaking as well as when other's are speaking. And both people get recorded....)

What I am curious about is this though, is it possible to do more with the recording feature?

What I would really like to do is to have some sort of "save option" so i could save 2 minutes of talk. Then continue on and if I am not happy with the next part of the recording I would just like to get back to my "latest save" and start over from there....Is this something that is possible to do? 

If not, would it be possible to record and then save that recording part "without shuttting down" Zoom? ( If that is a possibility then I could just record different parts in one session and then use another application for merging the parts. 

If this is not possible is it possible to make one small recording, close down Zoom and then just use the same link again to "open up Zoom" and continue with another recording, or do I need to schedule a new meeting for every single part I would like to save? 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Actually, @NS11  and @KallEl75, you don't need a Cloud plan to record multiple videos within a single Zoom session; you can start and stop as many times as you like in both Cloud and Local recordings: 

anissat_0-1679689317049.png

▲ My test output from me starting and stopping local record

You will have more flexibility in options (recording layouts, closed captioning, etc.) with the cloud recordings, but both types of recordings allow multiple recordings in a session. 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

anissat

Exactly! As many times as you need. We do this to record faculty and student interviews in sections within the same meeting. 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

WencesUnzueta

During the same session, you can stop the recording and start a new recording, this will give you two independent video files that you can later edit and/or manipulate with an external video editor, I recommend Camtasia

Wences

Thanks for suggestion. 

Is it fairly simple to use that third party option for merging files? ( Read i am not very technically inlined. 🙂
And by simple I mean that the only thing I really need to do right now would be mergin a couple of soundfiles into one. 

NS11
Attendee

I have not heard of being able to do more with it. I don't think so, but if you want to make sure check the benefits of plans you must pay for. 

NS11
Attendee

The only thing related to recordings you could get more of is cloud storage by paying for a plan. Currently, there is no way to get more features, settings, etc when it comes to recording.

anissat

Actually, @NS11  and @KallEl75, you don't need a Cloud plan to record multiple videos within a single Zoom session; you can start and stop as many times as you like in both Cloud and Local recordings: 

anissat_0-1679689317049.png

▲ My test output from me starting and stopping local record

You will have more flexibility in options (recording layouts, closed captioning, etc.) with the cloud recordings, but both types of recordings allow multiple recordings in a session. 

And I will just do that by pressing stop and then continue by pressing record again? 

anissat

Exactly! As many times as you need. We do this to record faculty and student interviews in sections within the same meeting. 

Thank you...

Now, I might even dare to begin exploring this option. 🙂 
Need to learn how to merge files as well to really be able to use Zooom's full potnetial, but that is a something I can look into later. The important thing is that I now should know how to deal with basic recordings in Zoom and that is a very good starting point. 

KallEl75
Listener

I would also like to thank everyone that was kind enough to answer this question of mine.  🙂 

Np