cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some participants are not being allowed to register for meeting

LauraJ
Listener

I have a meeting set up requiring registration that I sent out 25 invitation emails with registration links.  16 participants have been able to register so far.  Several others have not been able to register.  The error message they get is "This meeting is for authorized registrants only. Please enter another email address. Sign up free."  The email address they are trying to sign up with is the same email for their Zoom account and they are logged in to Zoom.  There are multiple domains for the email addresses having a problem (comcast.net and hotmail.com).  I have asked them to try different browsers and different email accounts, with no success.  Does anyone have any ideas of what else I or they can try?

Thanks,

LauraJ

6 REPLIES 6

adest
Listener

I see there is actually no technical support from zoom? I have the same issue.

Zoom Support: why have you not provided a response to this question (I just encountered the same problem I would like to know what to do about it)?

ChristopherWard
Listener

I have the same problem (for the first time) but I can find no solution.

fatdonpics
Listener

I just had the same problem on a meeting Im leading.  I suggested individuals use the email they use to access Zoom (free is fine) and that seemed to work.  I guess they ensure individuals registering will need access to Zoom and ensure they have a profile already set up. 

KaySoules
Listener

I am having the same problem.  Several folks with gmail and yahoo addresses have registered successfully. 3 with sbcglobal addresses can not get registered.  Please help!!

dad55
Listener

It has to do with authentication. The answer is here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037117472

I unchecked the require authentication and was able to register the person who couldn't get it to work. I assume that the email she was registering with is different from her email address connected to Zoom.