cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Virtual Background Package - download failed

kimliu
Listener

I've been trying to download the smart virtual background package that's required to use virtual backgrounds in Zoom but keep getting the error "Download failed. Please try again."

Anyone have any insight as to why this might be the case? Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kimliu ,

Are you on the latest version of Zoom?

Thanks!

Alexis

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi !
I'd got the same problem.
Zoom Version: 5.10.3 (6420)
macOS Monterey 12.4 Beta
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

kimliu
Listener

Hey Alexis,

Thanks for getting back!

Yes, I am. So far I tried:
-updating Zoom
-checking my system requirements
checking Zoom permissions in system preferences
-making sure 'virtual backgrounds' is enabled on Zoom
-creating a new account
-Googling my exact problem (didn't find anything)
-Zoom phone support (couldn't get it because I'm not a paid account)

It could just be my computer, but if you have any suggestions, would be very welcome.

Oh no! You have definitely gone down the right route for troubleshooting... sorry this has yet to work successfully. What desktop device and version are you using? 

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

kimliu
Listener

I'm using a 13 in MacBook Pro from 2017 running Mac Big Sur, and my Zoom version is Version: 5.8.4 (2421).

I also did a factory reset on my Mac and messed with some internal files before to try to install Bootcamp..I don't know if that might have affected my download settings somehow.

Based off of support documentation, it looks like you need to be on macOS version 10.13 or higher. Can you confirm if you are on 10.13 or higher?

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I cannot get my virtual background to work.  I am on a MacBook Air. macOS Monterey Version 12.1. Processor 1.1 GHz Dual Core intel Core i3.

nboysen19_0-1640812471007.png

Nicole

Hi @nboysen19 , can you try removing the Zoom application from your computer and then reinstalling? That might do the trick. 

Alexis
Zoom Community Team

2C-Abyan
Listener

i cant download the smart virtual background how to download!

fhmys
Listener

I can download the package after I turn off IPv6 on my Windows Network Connection Settings.

Thank you, worked for me as well

NatalyaB
Listener

I just got the same error after updating to the latest Zoom version 5.12.3 (on the previous version virtual backgrounds worked fine)
I am on a Mac OS 10.13.6

Any support would be appreciated.

OK, just fixed the issue by uninstalling the zoom (Open zoom desktop app, go to zoom.us and click Uninstall Zoom) after that I downloaded a full version at https://zoom.us/download and installed it fresh. That fixed the issue and Virtual Backgrounds are working again. Hope that helps someone else.

Thanks! It works 🙂