cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small non-profit can't get into account as member who purchased account from zoom won't cooperate

JoeFilmmaker
Listener

Hi

I’m part of a small non-profit organization that uses a pro account for our meetings. The member that created the account is now withholding access to it and says they will soon delete it.

Is there any way we can preserve the meeting id so we can continue to use it if/when they delete the meeting? The zoom id has been widely enough distributed that it will be painful for quite a few rather non-technical people.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Sorry, @JoeFilmmaker. I was busy with other work, but I'm here now.
Unfortunately, Zoom cannot take any actions without the permission of the account owner. That being said, it is possible to swap meeting IDs on the backend, which Zoom Support can help with. Support would not be able to do anything while the meeting ID is still active on the current account, but as soon as the account/meeting is deleted, then you might be able to get that ID swapped with a new meeting you've created on your replacement account, before that meeting ID get used up by some other random user. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

Bort

Zoom IDs are eventually reused, but there is generally a cool-down period for an ID before it is used again by the system. That being said, that wouldn't stop someone from manually making that ID their PMI, which would circumvent that cooldown period. I would suggest reaching out to Support and having them primed and ready to facilitate the meeting ID swap when it becomes available on the system again. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

CumannGaeilge
Listener

You should just bite the bullet and change the meeting ID.  It might be inconvenient, but better than not having control over the meeting or its settings.

In general, I find Zoom really frustrating to use in a small non-profit organisation.  We can’t afford more than one account, but lots or things are really tedious without extra accounts (like manually assigning co-hosts).

I CAN of course bite the bullet. I know how to do that. I'm here hoping that a zoom guru like @Bort will come to our rescue! 😁

Bort

Sorry, @JoeFilmmaker. I was busy with other work, but I'm here now.
Unfortunately, Zoom cannot take any actions without the permission of the account owner. That being said, it is possible to swap meeting IDs on the backend, which Zoom Support can help with. Support would not be able to do anything while the meeting ID is still active on the current account, but as soon as the account/meeting is deleted, then you might be able to get that ID swapped with a new meeting you've created on your replacement account, before that meeting ID get used up by some other random user. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort 

Thanks for replying! This potentially would work. Though the idea that the id might be quickly reused by the zoom backend is troubling. I think you work at Zoom… do you know how likely this is? Do they really reuse recently deleted ids? Seems like that would be a bad idea.

Bort

Zoom IDs are eventually reused, but there is generally a cool-down period for an ID before it is used again by the system. That being said, that wouldn't stop someone from manually making that ID their PMI, which would circumvent that cooldown period. I would suggest reaching out to Support and having them primed and ready to facilitate the meeting ID swap when it becomes available on the system again. 

I don't want to start a zoom meeting ,I only wanted to learn how to get into a meeting, I don't know my ID number and need help

Please help me.

How do I get the ID number that I was given ?

Hi CumannGaeilge,  can you tell me how to manually assign co-hosts?  

When you’re in a meeting you can right-click on a name in the Participant list I think.

Thank you - I was actually hoping to be able to assign an alternate host for meetings I cannot attend.  Not sure how to do that without having separate licenses for each potential host.  Do you happen to know how to enable someone else to act as host when you are absent?  

As far as I can tell, it’s not possible.  If it is, I’d like to know, but really, you should start another thread.

You could allow them to login with your account or if you only need some features like screen sharing you could change the meeting to allow it for all.  Obviously, this depends on how much you trust the attendees & your security settings, etc.

JoeMilowic
Listener

Thank you - I've asked the question in another thread titled "Alternate Host" here:  https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Alternative-Host/m-p/43140#M21371