cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow UI due to bluetooth conference speaker?

Donut_Reply
Listener

Not sure if anyone can help with this but here goes...

We've got this Anker PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone, which works great, but I noticed that when I've got it connected, Zoom runs slower, but once I disconnect it, everything runs fine.  For example, when I start a meeting, and click the button to join with audio, it takes about 15 seconds to join when normally it's done in about 3. Everything in Zoom takes many seconds more than it's supposed to, which adds up.

Not only that, but it seems like Zoom can't keep up with the camera feed either. If I wave my arm back and forth, I can notice jittering; I can see it try to process movements I've already made seconds ago.

The PC is fast, so that's not the issue. It's  a newer Dell Inspiron with a 10th gen i5 processor, 12 GB ram, and a fast SSD.  Everything moves fast normally. And everything still moves fast when the speaker's connected, except zoom.

We've been dealing with this for months, but it's kind of frustrating so I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this problem? 

4 REPLIES 4

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello! 

Can you check to see if the Zoom Room app is running the 32-bit or 64-bit version? 

If you're not sure, you could uninstall and then reinstall Zoom  using the 64-bit installer: https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomRooms.exe?archType=x64 

Can you test this audio device in a different video meeting system to see if you notice any similar issues?

If the issue persists, you may want to capture a problem report and contact Zoom Support about this: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us 

Thanks,

Micah

It is running the 64-bit version. I have reinstalled it with no change. When you say "different video meeting system", what do you mean by that?

MicahHoffman

Hi,

I didn't clarify, is this happening in the Zoom Meetings App or is it happening in Zoom Rooms App?

Does this issue occur on Microsoft Teams or Google Meet?

Does this issue occur with other bluetooth speakerphones or headphones with mics?

Thanks,

Micah

I apologize for the late response. It is the Zoom Meetings Desktop app.

I have an update regarding this issue as well. It does appear that the camera lag is still there regardless if I had the Bluetooth speaker connected or not (maybe something up with my zoom settings?). Still, the laggy UI seems to be completely rectified once I disconnect it and start a new meeting.

Tried Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and Webex. I don't experience any kind of lagginess from their respective UI's or from the camera feed when I am in a meeting. Full functionality  with or without the Anker speakerphone connected.