cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide control for Google Slides

michellegreene
Listener

Zoom support states that the following presentations support slide control: Keynote, Google Slides, PowerPoint. I have only been able to get this to work with Keynote and PowerPoint. 

When I look under the section "How to assign slide control" in the same Zoom support page, it provides links to specific articles for sharing Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Slides presentations, but the Google Slides has no link! 

My question: Does Zoom allow you to use slide control for Google Slides or not? If it does, please advise how, because it is not working based on the current instructions listed. I have all the prerequisites and have been able to assign slide control using PowerPoint and Keynote, just not Google Slides. 

11 REPLIES 11

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @michellegreene 

Thanks for pointing out that we don't have a dedicated Google Slides article! I'll get something created for that soon! 

As for Slide Control and Google Slides, yes, it should work with all 3 services mentioned in the article, but I believe there is an issue that our teams are looking into right now concerning an issue with Google Slides on some devices. I'll try to update you when I know there has been a fix version set. 

JacobSinghSeq
Listener

This really isn't cool.  If you know it's broken, fix your docs.  I've wasted an hour now on this right before a presentation. 

JoeC23
Listener

Following this thread. A colleague and I tried testing this feature today and it did not work on Google Slides. It did work on powerpoint but that is not our company's main tool. Would love to see this fixed on Google Slides.

rsantos
Listener

also following this closely...

Elise11
Listener

I need to be able to share my Google Slides for a memorial service next Sunday. As of now, I cannot share it on Zoom. How can I do this???

Bort

Hi @michellegreene @Elise11 @rsantos @JoeC23 @JacobSinghSeq

Just wanted to let you know there is a fix for the issue with Google Slides scheduled for this weekend's release, so be sure to upgrade to the latest version this Monday morning!

I still have not been able to get slide controls to work with Google Slides. To the original posters question-- is there a guide built out for Google Slides? I still only see one for Keynote & PowerPoint.

Hi, Slide control for Google Slides still doesn't seem to be working. And there is no documentation page either, however in some places you state that Google slides are supported. Can you please clarify?

dgreenbe
Listener

Following this thread as this feature doesn't seem to appear to work with Google Slides.

At a minimum shouldn't the Zoom team acknowledge that and update this support article? https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4411656450701-Controlling-slides-shared-by-another-partici...

Dani_R
Listener

Checking back in a couple months after the last post, I can report good news finally.

Using Google Chrome (latest), Windows 10, and Zoom client 5.15.11 (21032), Slide Control sharing works!!!

Note... using one version older of Zoom client (5.14.10) does *not* work with Chrome, but does work with Firefox.

Anyway - update your zoom client to the latest, and finally enjoy Google Slides control sharing.

RogerValade
Listener

Slide Control for Google Slides worked for me as of today, August 29, 2023, on Mac with Zoom 5.15.10 (21826). It's a relief.