cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siri Shortcut?

MM_Admin
Listener

We have a housebound member who has a tablet but must be helped (via a phone call) with the steps to enter our regular meeting each week.  I would like to create an icon on his Home Screen that opens up the meeting directly - I can do this through a Safari bookmark but I can’t edit the icon artwork or name.  Zoom can create Siri shortcuts for “next meeting” or “personal meeting” but not a specific meeting.  Any ideas?  (We send the link via email but then he has to find the email.)

1 REPLY 1

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

MM_Admin, sorry for the delay in my response.  While there are no canned Zoom shortcuts, but if this is the same meeting link for every week, I think we can get you where you want to go using the standard iOS functionality.

1) Find the "Shortcuts" application in iOS and open it.  

2) Click on the '+' to create a new shortcut, and find the "Open URL" action.

3) Paste the Start Meeting URL for the weekly meeting.

4) Rename the shortcut to something useful and save the shortcut, then exit the shortcut app

5) Go into 'Settings' and open 'Accessibility'

6) Scroll down to 'Voice Control', open it and click on 'Set Up Voice Control' (if it is not already set-up)

7) Click on 'Customize Commands', then 'Create New Command...'

8 ) Give the command a meaningful and easy phrase, then for the action choose 'Run Shortcut' and select the shortcut you created above.

UPDATE: I verified that you do not need to create the custom command (Steps 5-8) to get the shortcut to run through Siri.  Make me wonder why they have a voice command to run a shortcut as an option, but at least it saves some work.

I tested using Chrome and the above worked for me.  If this does resolve your issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.