cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous interpretation in a meeting with one person translating into both languages

tobiassturesson
Listener

Hi,

We are planning for a meeting that will feature a conversation between Swedish and Ukrainian speakers. The idea is to have one person who will interpret from Swedish to Ukrainian when a Swedish speaker is on, and from Ukrainian to Swedish when a Ukrainian speaker is on. I wonder if it's possible to do this using the simultaneous interpretation function?

2 REPLIES 2

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @tobiassturesson! Welcome to the Zoom community, we're happy that you're here 😊

You would need to set up a language channel for Swedish and another channel for Ukrainian. Depending on what language participants need, you can just tap into that language. You could potentially use one channel for interpretation, but it would be both languages, so the interpreter would need to know both languages and swap between them. Setting up a language channel for each language would be best. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply!!

I don’t fully understand. If I set up two language channels, can the same interpreter switch between two channels and translate into Ukrainian into one channel (when a Swedish speaker is speaking) and Swedish into another (when a Ukrainian speak is speaking)? Or can the interpreter only speak into one channel, which I guess would mean that the participants instead need to turn off and on interpretation in their feed depending who is speaking.

translating the two different languages i