cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous audio for panel discussion

Pesi
Listener

We will be having a panel discussion with 4 presenters, viewed as a 'gallery view' where they all appear together onscreen. 

Can they all speak at the same time as in a live discussion or can they only be heard one person at a time? Is there any way they can be allowed to speak simultaneously like in a conversation/discussion?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom supports up to 3 audio streams at any given time. The 3 loudest win the decision of what 3 audio streams will be heard at that moment. It's a pretty unlikely scenario to have 3+ speakers talking at exactly the same time, considering vocal pauses, etc. I've managed many large panels any haven't encountered issues hearing someone do to the number speaking at the same time.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

chrismenard7

Hello. When you host your Zoom meeting, you mentioned that you have four presenters. The answer to your question is. Yes, they can speak simultaneously. You did not say how many people were in the meeting. Is it just the four? Here are some suggestions I have.

1. If you want to showcase the four speakers, I suggest you use the Spotlight feature. You can spotlight up to nine people. Here is my video on Spotlight. https://youtu.be/lcJREmlqRgo
  2. Make sure you mute all, and then tell the four speakers to unmute. 
  3. When the audience has questions for the four speakers, how do you want them to ask them? Do you want them to unmute, use the chat box, or use reactions? 

I hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you need.

Actually this is part of a hybrid webcast where the other viewers will be watching the stream of this Zoom panel on the web page. So only these 4 will be on Zoom. The audience on the webcast will ask questions on a live chat screen on the webcast page. 

I was given to understand that the 4 people could not speak simultaneously?

ZoomTestKitchen

Zoom supports up to 3 audio streams at any given time. The 3 loudest win the decision of what 3 audio streams will be heard at that moment. It's a pretty unlikely scenario to have 3+ speakers talking at exactly the same time, considering vocal pauses, etc. I've managed many large panels any haven't encountered issues hearing someone do to the number speaking at the same time.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen