cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shure MV7 - Bad audio in headphones

cheesewitbacon
Listener

I’ve been having this issue for quite some time. If I am in in a meeting and I am using my shure MV7 and I have it plugged in USB into my computer and a pair of headphones are plugged into the microphone which plays both myself into the headphones and everyone else in the meeting. So the MV7 is my mic and speaker. It’ll work fine for a while but after a couple of minutes of listening to someone else in the meeting, the audio starts cracking terribly and if I switch my speaker to the computer speakers, it stops. Obviously, I’d rather hear them in my headphones so I don’t have to mute myself. Any ideas of what the issue is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I finally determined after going back and forth and troubleshooting, that this is a symptom of my old computer being too overloaded with RAM usage. I do not have the same issue on other devices and there does seem to be a correlation between the issue and my RAM usage. I just use the workaround of plugging my headphones into the computer directly so I can still listen to others in my headphones, but not myself. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BluePhilG
Listener

I'm having the same problem - did you get it fixed?

No, but I determined that it is my old computer. The problem is consistent with an excess of RAM usage. When it gets overloaded, the problem happens. However, I just plug my headphones into my computer's headphone jack as a work around whenever it does happen. I can't hear myself in my headphones but I can hear everyone else.

So I finally determined after going back and forth and troubleshooting, that this is a symptom of my old computer being too overloaded with RAM usage. I do not have the same issue on other devices and there does seem to be a correlation between the issue and my RAM usage. I just use the workaround of plugging my headphones into the computer directly so I can still listen to others in my headphones, but not myself. Hope this helps.