Check out our new Work Transformation Summit page, and join our upcoming event to learn how leading organizations are building a smarter hybrid workspace for their employees.

Visit the page
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing a powerpoint - but restricting meeting participants from seeing your "notes" at the bottom

Anise
Listener

Hello,

I have a powerpoint presentation to offer, but I have made 'notes' at the bottom of each slide (off the slide, but on the bottom as my speaking points/notes).

How do I set up the presentation settings so the meeting participants only see the actual slides instead of also my 'notes'?

I only have a single screen and will be running it from my MacBook laptop.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion

In Zoom, when sharing, you can try sharing only a portion of your screen. From the in-meeting toolbar, click Share Screen > Advanced > Portion of the screen.

From Powerpoint, and this is probably the better solution, put the presentation in presenter view by right-clicking on the presentation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobF
Community Champion

In Zoom, when sharing, you can try sharing only a portion of your screen. From the in-meeting toolbar, click Share Screen > Advanced > Portion of the screen.

From Powerpoint, and this is probably the better solution, put the presentation in presenter view by right-clicking on the presentation.

ClimateOhio
Listener

In PowerPoint, click the box "use presenter view" (which is the next to the last section on your ribbon, under "monitor")

Then click "Slideshow" / and "From Beginning" and THEN you will see (hover near the bottom of your first slide) a circle with three little dots, near the bottom of your first slide. Click that circle with three little dots, then click "show presenter view" / THEN what's on the left (the larger window) will be what your audience sees in your screen share. 

(unless you are sharing your entire desktop) / But just a regular screenshare will show only the larger slide, your notes and the next slide coming up will be in the smaller window on the right of the screen.  I had to set up two laptops to check to be sure that's what my zoom participants would see!