cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut to add zoom meeting to calendar in Outlook Web (OWA)

DaveRook
Listener

I use outlook.com (also called OWA) for email and calendar. I often book meetings that require Zoom links. I want to speed up the time it takes to click on the zoom meeting link, given that is hidden in the Outlook web interface. Ideally, without the mouse! 

The best goal would be to press a keyboard shortcut that would be same as clicking the Add a Zoom Meeting

Is this possible? 

6 REPLIES 6

jaredallen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @DaveRook, welcome to the Zoom Community.

I run through some testing in the lab and this was the quickest way to schedule a Zoom meeting I could find.

Add Zoom Add-in to Calendar surface

• Click the "Settings" cog in Outlook web access
  • Click "View all Outlook Settings" to see additional options
  • Under "Calendar" select "Customize actions" and check the tick-box next to the Zoom logo

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 7.51.06 pm.png

Create a new Zoom Meetings

• From the Outlook Calendar tab press "Ctrl+Shift+Q" to create a new Meeting Request
  • Press the Zoom icon on the top toolbar and select "Add a Zoom Meeting"

Let me know if this is any quicker than your current process?

If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! 

jaredallen

Hi @DaveRook,

Did the above reply help to improve your experience creating a Zoom Meeting from the Outlook web client?

Let me know if I can provide any further assistance?

I have the same problem, is there any solution?  Does Zoom realize that MS is deliberately making it difficult to use Zoom on Outlook?

shazfoothill
Listener

Hi I have a problem with the Outlook add-in. When I click the zoom icon in my calendar invite, it just hangs.

shazfoothill_0-1647367598763.png

It will just sit there and do nothing. When I click the 3 dots and choose zoom settings, it hangs again.

I've tried removing the add-in and adding it again.

Nothing works.

Any suggestions?

shazfoothill
Listener

Here's another screenshot of the settings window hanging.

shazfoothill_1-1647367737316.png

DaveRook
Listener

I solved this by creating a browser plugin which could simulate the clicks. Now, I press ctrl+shift+z and it creates a zoom meeting in my calendar automatically. I still have to put my password in for SSO but it's so much quicker now.